Duplicates

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
Johan Steyn
New user

Duplicates

Post by Johan Steyn »

I have Winlog32 in my home computer and also in my Laptop for mobile use.
When I get back home and want to load the NEW contacts into the main computer is duplicates everything
How do I get rid of this so that it only does the new contacts
Johan

Johan
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Duplicates

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Johan

There is a proceedure built-in just for this purpose if you have 'networked' your two computers.

Menu/File/Maintenance/File maintenance - TRANSFER LOG DATABASE.

This effectivly copies the Log from one computer installation to the other, using the other file transfer facility it is possble to make and upkeep a cloned copy of your Winlog32 installations on both computers.
If you are logging on both installations of Winlog32 then it is important to make sure that you have always the most recent log on both computers.

BEWARE Make sure that you are copying the files in the correct direction or that you have backed-up your Log files first.

If this 'transfer' is a daily thing the above may become tedious, ADIF could be used with a limited export of only the recent QSO's from the other computer, you can do this using a date related search and exporting (ADIF) the Search Page

Transferring files via ADIF is not usually recommended, neither is using ADIF for back-ups.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author