can we pay registration on a bank??

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
pe1mzs
New user

Post by pe1mzs »

any idea how to send money to you collin (in euro's) to your bank????

I use winlog for 3 years now and i like it verry much specialy for this reason that we just can press the ENTER-key when data is entered (this is not possible with VQ-log wich i registerd via credit-card) also the rover mode was a good option wich i use for fieldcontest see (www.qsl.net/pa6m)

I find it verry userfriendly only import from other data-bases is limited
a sort of ASCII import would be nice to implement or EDI format!

best regards

jasper Elferink
de PE1MZS

e-mail PE1MZS@hotmail.com

jasper
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Jasper

Firstly, thanks for your interest in WL32.

Regarding your first question - I will have to check with my Bank to see if it is possible with euro, of course registration is entirely optional and is not enforced in any way by the software or by me!

Good to see you have used the Rover mode, it was developed recently for a friend to use whilst operating Maritime with constantly changing position, I am sure there may be other uses for it too - especially as the "user" field info is printed at top of QSL label whilst this mode is enabled.

As for importing, there were so many log formats around and with the advent of ADIF and most popular log programs using it, I would say I took the easy option!! I did have a utility in the older Super Winlog v2 which used a delimited text import utility, but even I found it difficult to use although some were succesful with it importing their logs but of course it relies on being able to export other log programs in delimited ASCII. ADIF is a bit more straightforward but there are still some difficulties especially with WL32 which uses 'smart' single field entry.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello again Jasper and any onlookers.
Sorry to say that my Bank insists that any online or direct payment must be in Sterling (GBP), the penalties incurred for instance in converting Euro's would mean the bank swallows up virtually all the payment in costs for themselves!

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
pe1mzs
New user

Post by pe1mzs »

Hi colin,

thanks for finding out at your bank starts to be time the U.K. switch over to the EURO also hi, never the less i'll go to the bank and get some pounds and send them in a carefull way well hidden to you

Also thanks for the TIP for using the old version 2 played around with it and hope to succeed in getting all the fields needed on its place

best '73

Jasper de PE1MZS

jasper
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

OK Jasper,
If you are succesful in importing ASCII into old Super WInlog v2 with the import utility, - you may already know but Winlog32 comes with it's own wizard import utility for Super Winlog v2 log databases (only), it's a round about way of doing this conversion but at least it can be done.
73 Colin G0CUZ
pa3fne
New user

Post by pa3fne »

Hello Colin and Jasper,

In the old Winlog version it was easier to update your log with external resources.
Ok now the Adif format is there it made it easier, but some times this is not enough.
Here the way i do:

From the new data (contest), i make an excel file, filtering and exported to Access, then i change the fields in the same way Winlog is using.
After that i import in Access my *.log file and add the new data.
Copy this file back to the \winlog\logs directory and done.
This works fine here.

73s Peter
pe1mzs
New user

Post by pe1mzs »

O.K. Peter i did sort of the same but i discover problems with ADIF formats are not always the same in every log programs. I collect some grey hears from it HI

ever worked with the log program of PE1JAN ??? afther that you know what i mean!

Collin nice to see you already work on this!!!

by the way an envelope is on its way!!!

jasper