Yaesu FTDX-101D

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
GM0ONX
New user

Yaesu FTDX-101D

Post by GM0ONX »

Has anyone managed to get the CAT frequency function using the USB port on the FTDX101D. I've downloaded the driver from Yaesu and device manager shows 2 ports, 1 standard and 1 advanced (ports Com 6 and 7).

I've tried both options and no luck. Can anyone help?

Len GM0ONX
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Yaesu FTDX-101D

Post by G0CUZ »

Sorry, I missed this post Len.
I'm not too familiar with this rig.....
Have you the CAT control cable? that is a cable with built in chip like FTDI for Virtual Com, normally you can't use a standard USB cable to connect the rig to the software.
You do need to set-up a Virtual Com Port (VCP), and the appropriate driver for the operating system.

You may of course be aware of this, I know VCP's can be a bit awkward to install, best to follow the installation instructions supplied wit the cable.

If you email me more details, I'll try and help, e.g. type of cable/driver & op system
73 Colin
G0CUZ
GM0ONX
New user

Post by GM0ONX »

Hi Colin,

The FTDX101D has two USB virtual ports (1 standard 1 advanced) built into the rig using the Silicon Labs CP2105 chipset. It is suggested you use the advanced port.

It works as it should with N1MM reading and writing CAT data correctly and I finally managed to get it to read the frequency and mode data from the radio in Winlog32. It will change 'modes' when clicking the mode function on the frequency display window but not change band by clicking the 'radio buttons' the same window or by clicking on the DX cluster window. Its as if the CAT command info sent to the radio is not being recognised by the FDX101d, It is also will not automatically initiate the frequency display on start up.

With my FTDX5000 I could display spots from the DX Cluster, click on the spot and the radio will go to that frequency. The FTDX101 will not change frequency on Winlog32 using this feature, but works the DX Cluster window on N1MM.

Hope this helps.

Len GM0ONX
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Len

Thanks for the explanation.

I am not sure of the problem, but you could try increasing the 'delay value' factor, in RCW Settings, increase to biggest value, and see if that makes any difference (it will create a small lag when sending data), this inserts a delay between the two instructions for Freq & Mode which are sent as separate instructions if I remember correct, if this setting is too low it can cause data collisions.

You could also try the YaesuV RCW # 2 or #3, I remember I introduced some minor mods to the interface in some but not all of the RCW.

If no joy, I will have a look at the code to see if there is anything specific to the 101D

Main problem is I do not have access to various rigs for testing, so have to reply on feedback, and it is a real pain to diagnose without being in front of it as you may understand.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
GM0ONX
New user

Post by GM0ONX »

I'll give it a try at the weekend. I appreciate its impossible to have access to all rigs but if you remember you got my FT1000MP working well after initial problems a good few years ago.

Len GM0ONX
GM0ONX
New user

Post by GM0ONX »

Unsuccessful I'm afraid. Tried the delay at maximum, all versions of the Yaesu interface and other recent Yaesu models.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Len

Have you tried the non-advanced USB port on the rig?
GM0ONX
New user

Post by GM0ONX »

Won't work at all in the standard port.

Len
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Len, are you using a cable that includes the com chip or just a normal USB cable? (Won't work with normal USB cable)
GM0ONX
New user

Post by GM0ONX »

Normal usb cable. I've got a USB to serial cable and will give that a try when I can.