Code column - Log Page

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
N7YIQ
New user

Code column - Log Page

Post by N7YIQ »

OK, I've searched thru the help file, but I cannot find what the code column on the Log Page is... When I upload to eQSL, I get a code of either 291 or 1. What do these codes mean?

Dan - N7YIQ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Code column - Log Page

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Dan

The 'Code' column in the log shows the DXCC entity code for the callsign entered in the log, this is a unique code given to each DXCC entity by ARRL.

These numeric codes are automatically entered into this column during QSO input, or importing from most programs that export these codes or retrospectively using the Log Check Robot.

The codes are used internally by Winlog32 to identify and show the country, and are also used for various reporting, as well as exporting where this code may be required.

Example '291' is USA, and '1' is Canada

Code '0' usually means that no entity code has been added and needs attention (using Log Check Robot with all options DISABLED) OR that the QSO does not have a valid DXCC entity e.g. /MM or /AM contacts and certain pirate or unauthorised callsigns/prefixes.

You don't normally need to be concerned with these codes, but if you are interested in seeing what is what, the DXCC database has a list.

Hope that explains

73 Colin
G0CUZ
N7YIQ
New user

Re: Code column - Log Page

Post by N7YIQ »

Thanks Colin. I have used your program now for many years. An interface would be nice using Digipan like WSJT? Anyway. Thanks for the info.