Forum

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Forum

Post by G0CUZ »

Regular visitors will have noticed that from time-to-time the Forum is not working.

This usually requires a reboot of the server, so I have to wait for the service provider to do this and on occasions it can take a few days.

One problem can be the influx of spam robots 'joining' the Forum, they do not often get as far as 'posting' but they are a ***** nuisance.

Today I just deleted 10 such bogus members just for this month, I may have to impliment some security checking for new members in the future if this persists.

I request that new members choose a 'recognisable' username e.g. callsign or something coherant - anything else may be deleted.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Forum

Post by G0CUZ »

Well I implimented a simple 'ham' verification question for new users to register with the Forum as the rubbish registrations keep coming.

I think the answer is pretty obvious, but perhaps some others can take a look and tell me if the answer is NOT obvious to them (and thus to new users wanting to register).

You do not need to re-register to test, just log-out and 'register' enter ONLY verification answer and submit -it will tell you if you got it wrong.

73 Colin G0CUZ
K2WLO
New user

Forum

Post by K2WLO »

I hope that is simple enough...
I think it is.[:)]
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Forum

Post by G0CUZ »

Since introducing the security question, no more annoying spam registrations have been made, so this has been a solution!