HK0NA

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
G0BLB
Keen user

HK0NA

Post by G0BLB »

Hi Colin HNY
HK0NA is on MALPELO Is they started on 10/01/2012 and there for about 4 weeks we have the call under SAN ANDRES & PROVIDENCIA.
Hope this is of help.
Regards
Rich
G0BLB
G0BLB
Keen user

HK0NA

Post by G0BLB »

Hi Colin
Will you be doing a up date for HK0NA.
Regards
Rich G0BLB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

HK0NA

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Rich

Yes, it is done - just working to get the next version ready - hopefully in a few days time, just don't work them too many times!

Was trying this afternoon on 10m cw but getting nowwhere - 15KHz wide pile-up, not a chance.....
n5att
New user

HK0NA

Post by n5att »

Evidently this procedure from help file doesn't work any more:

PREFIX - ALLOCATE COUNTRY

Users can re-define Prefixes and complete Callsigns using the following method:

To re-define the Country Allocation for a complete CALLSIGN (as in the case of Antarctica etc.), enter the Callsign into the Log Callsign field.

Double click the Country indicated in the Country display.

Click YES to the 'Change...' prompt.

The "Allocate New Country to Prefix Database" window will pop-up,

Select the new Country allocation for that Callsign from the drop-down list.

Change the 'Date Effective' from current date to any previous date that the Country/Callsign allocation takes effect (if required).

Press the ADD button

When the Callsign is entered into the log in any subsequent input the New country allocation will be displayed.

To re-define or add a Prefix, use the Search Prefix Option then follow the above procedure.

To Delete a Prefix 'user' allocation; with Callsign selected in log which displays the country allocation; open the "Allocate New Country" window and press DELETE button, the DELETE button is only activated on User added Prefix/Callsigns.
Once User allocation has been deleted, the Prefix search reverts to the standard prefix database.
A summary of user prefix allocations can be found menu/Database/Prefix -Information

N.B. PLEN should be set to "0" (zero) in most cases, this means that any Callsign entered using that prefix, the Country will be displayed.

Set PLEN to the Length of the prefix if a restriction is required, e.g. in the case of K1B should be set to 3, so only K1B will be defined with designated Country, in this instance entering K1, K1BB, K1BBB will show default Country (USA) whereas K1B (PLen 3) will indicate correctly Baker & Howland Is.

EXPORT
Will export the contents of the Prefixes allocated by the User, the resulting text file can be sent to Winlog32 for possible inclusion in the Master Prefix Database for the benifit of everyone.
G0BLB
Keen user

HK0NA

Post by G0BLB »

Well done you learn something every day
WA5KGW
New user

HK0NA

Post by WA5KGW »

When I first worked/logged HK0NA, I did successfully change the country to Malpelo by double clicking the country box. I made the effective date the date of my first QSO with HK0NA. Since Colin probably has a permanent fix in the prefix file, I am now wondering if there is a specific date range (i.e., with a specific END DATE for the Malpelo operation built into the prefix file - - ??? Here's why I ask: If I log a new HK0NA QSO, it brings up the WRONG country, even without a QSO date specified yet. However, if I enter one of the valid dates of the HK0NA operation (e.g., 23 January, 2012) in the Date field, return the mouse pointer to the Callsign field, and then press Enter, the CORRECT country (Malpelo) appears!!!

So, again, does a special country assignment for a special callsign/prefix use just a start date, OR both a start and end date in winlog32????

John - WA5KGW
G0CUZ
Site Admin

HK0NA

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi John

Just to clarify this

The prefix database does have a date range (start/finish) present for some prefixes and most callsign exceptions; e.g. HK0NA

Only when using the 'Search Prefix', it may give the wrong results as this uses the current date and this may fall outside the date range, even though the retro-year can be selected - this can still give the wrong result where the operation dates are less that a complete year.

In these circumstances you can always input the callsign and date into the Log to get the correct results.

Nothing to do about it other than arrange for a Day/Month/Year selector in Search Prefix, which would be cumbersome and probably not used?

73 Colin - G0CUZ
WA5KGW
New user

HK0NA

Post by WA5KGW »

Hi, Colin. Thanks for confirming the use of a date range when the exception is included in the prefix date. That was my observation when experimenting with different QSO dates in the log with HK0NA.

Cheers,
John
WA5KGW
New user

HK0NA

Post by WA5KGW »

Oops, I meant "prefix database".

John