New Forums

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
ZL3LF
Site Admin

New Forums

Post by ZL3LF »

Hi-ho,

Welcome to the Winlog32 Forums, reborn, or something like that.

Colin, G0CUZ had some problems with the forums software and hosting so I offered to migrate them to a newer system and look after things so he could focus on answering questions about Winlog32 without having to worry about the nuts and bolts of managing the forums.

Some notes on the migrated forums:
  • If you already had a login to the old forums you just need to use the 'I forgot my password' option on the login page for these new forums. In most cases the username is your call sign but if you have an issues drop me an email. (Details below)
  • All of the messages came across in the migration but I had no way of moving user preferences, signatures and some other miscellaneous stuff over. Once you've logged in click on the 'User Control Panel' link at the top and then follow your nose from there.
  • - Changing your password is under 'Profile' - 'Edit Account Settings'
  • - Setting your signature is under 'Profile' - 'Edit Signature'
  • - Adding an avatar if you wish is under 'Profile' - 'Edit Avatar'
  • - You can change the timezone for under 'Board Preferences' which makes things a whole lot easier than using UTC which is the default.
  • If you have any problems with logging back into the new forums drop me an email at w32forum@logicalit.biz.
  • If you managed to log in and have an issue with the new forums, please reply to this thread and I'll fix things up.. I think I got everything copied over OK, but you never know!
  • I'm only looking after the forums and Colin and other regular members on these forums are the best place to ask questions about Winlog32. I use Winlog32 myself but I'm by no stretch an expert.
73, Chris
ZL3LF
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: New Forums

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for all your work Chris.

The new Forum looks and works great!

I am also sure in future it will be far more stable and reliable than it has ever been before.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
G0BLB
Keen user

Post by G0BLB »

ZL3LF
Well Done Chris nice to see forums up and working
G0BLB
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

I am glad to see that we have a new forum.
Well done!
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
vk3sq
New user

Post by vk3sq »

Thanks Chris. Well done :D

73 de Geoff vk3sq
VR2VRT
New user

Post by VR2VRT »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the help that I can log-in again, everything works fine now.
I think you did a great job with the forum and the help for me.

TNX 73
VR2VRT
Hong Kong
Theo
vk3ey
New user

Post by vk3ey »

Thanks Chris

Logged in no problem

Rob
VK3EY
:D
F5SRH
New user

Post by F5SRH »

I am glad to see that we have a new forum. :)
Well done!
73's
KM5GZ
New user

Post by KM5GZ »

Brand new to the forum. Just started using Winlog32. Everyone keeps telling me that the paper logs don't work. Funny I never noticed an problems. We are going to be the W1AW/5 group for Oklahoma in August. I think the only State that week. Going to be a busy week. A note went around saying paper logs just wouldn't do. That we need to learn how to use computer logging so we can download to lotw and others. That paper logs create too many errors in call signs. I wanted to be the 10 meter contact. I don't know any others that would do it there. I may and I may not. I am having trouble figuring out Winlog32. I can get around in it but I am slow about it. I need more speed. I've put in about 10 logs so far. For the W1AW/5 I need call signs and 59 only. In the privacy of my station I will probably use paper logs and then tranfser to Winlog32. Thanks for creating Winlog32. Bob KM5GZ.
ZL3LF
Site Admin

Post by ZL3LF »

Hi-ho...

I've been using winlog32 for the ZM90DX special event call on and off and using the 'contest mode' works well. Lets you set a standard reply, all you do is type the callers call, and hit enter a couple of times to get them in the log.

Options - Contest slick I think it is.. Using my mac on the road right now and can't go into winlog32 to check.

Good luck with operating the 100y callsign. Special event calls can be great fun, although I'm sure some of my grey hair starting to peek through is the direct result of operating ZM90DX on 15m a few weeks ago!

73, Chris
ZL3LF