twin monitors?

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0VAX
New user

twin monitors?

Post by G0VAX »

Hi all,
Has anyone managed to get the program to run on split windows, or rather is it possible?

Brian G0VAX
GU6EFB
Keen user

twin monitors?

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Brian

It is not possible to use the full features of winlog32 with dual displays
Things like rig control can be placed on the second display.
The log needs to stay on the main monitor it is not possibly to move it

I have asked Colin if it would be possible to allow the users to decide where they won’t to place the various panels. It is being looked into I am sure Colin will update us when there is any news

Regards

Keith

Edited by - gu6efb on 09/10/2005 7:05:24 PM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

twin monitors?

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello Brian and Keith.

I have spent some time looking into the possibility of making the windows detachable as an option, but sad to say I have not been able to make it so.

The original design concept of Winlog32 was to keep all windows within the main 'container' window, thus when Winlog32 is minimised, all windows belonging to Winlog32 will be hidden, this is usually a preferred method with software otherwise we have the untidy collection of windows that would be left on your desktop otherwise.

I have had much positive feedback on the presentation of Winlog32 over the years with most windows acting within a single container, I will be reluctant to change this style interface.

I may consider undocking the DXCluster window, this will enable it to be placed 'outside' the main container window - there are two behaviors to consider here, floating on top or underneath other applications or 'always on top' either would enable the DXcluster window to be located on a different screen with a two monitor set-up, setting the windows outside the container is not difficult at all, but I can NOT make it optional due to programming restrictions, so we have to have it one way or the other,

I'll go with majority wishes on this, so any opionions will be appreciated here.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author