Duplicate entries after ADIF import

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
n/a1
New user

Post by n/a1 »

Maybe this has been covered before, but I can't find it!

How do I get rid of duplicate QSOs (ie same time and date) after importing an updated ADIF file?
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi

There is no automatic way of eliminating duplicate QSO's from an ADIF file when importing, the best way would be to eliminate them from the ADIF export file or don't import the same file twice if this is what has happened.

You can of course manually delete duplicate QSO's from the log, this would be tedious if there are many.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
n/a1
New user

Post by n/a1 »

Thanks, Colin, for this.

It is very common for log programs to end up with duplicate entries after importing from (almost) the same ADIF files. One or two of them have a facility to check and remove duplicates, by the way, but not many. The reason is that I run DigiPan and export an updated ADIF file every few days from there to WinLog; every time I import, I get duplicates, triplicates, etc.

The other way - arguably even more cumbersome - is to rename the .log file to .mdb, do the duplicate removal in Access, save and rename back to .log.

So... one for the wish list - a menu driven duplicate QSO remover!
g6fop
New user

Post by g6fop »

Hi

The way I get round this problem, when using various other programs, is to edit the adif file first then upload to Winlog. The edit file I save to a different filename so I retain the existing Data. Just open the log with Notepad or a text editor

Kevin
G6FOP
73 es GDX

Edited by - g6fop on 07/12/2004 6:04:59 PM