DX CLUSTER PROBLEM

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
GM0ONX
New user

DX CLUSTER PROBLEM

Post by GM0ONX »

I've been playing about usimg the DXCluster option but can't get it working correctly. It only shows All time new DX spots, not all spots. I've selected show all HF spots and ticked all the HF bands.

I'm using winpack 6.8 using a TNC.

Also how do you please the database for the DXCluster?

Len GM0ONX
GM0ONX
New user

DX CLUSTER PROBLEM

Post by GM0ONX »

that should have read 'how do you delete the DXcluster database', not 'please'.Sorry about that.

Len
G0CUZ
Site Admin

DX CLUSTER PROBLEM

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Len

The DXCluster also contains the accumulated WWV data for the 'Solar Database' but if you do not need this data then follow this procedure.

Close Winlog32
Open folder Winlog32\Data
Delete file Cluster.MDB
Open folder Winlog32\TPL
copy file Cluster.TPL into winlog32\DATA
Rename Cluster.tpl file to Cluster.MDB
You will now have a blank Cluster Database

Open Cluster Options and select Tab "ADD"
Disable any bands that you do not want added to the database
OR
Disable "Add to Cluster Database" option if you do not need any spots added to the cluster database.
The Cluster Database does not play any part in the working of the DXclusrter feature, it's just for reference if you have any particular band interest.
The WWV data (if collected) for the Solar Database is stored there if this option enabled.

As for the other problem, I am not sure what you mean but let me explain that any incoming spots from the host are checked against the DXCC database and will be highlighted if new, so if they are highlighted then check for correct function of the DXCC database (empty?).

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
GM0ONX
New user

DX CLUSTER PROBLEM

Post by GM0ONX »

Its a bit of a funny one and I'm entirely conviced its a problem with the set up of the log book.

Brian GM0FQQ and I both set the feature up on the same night using the same version of Winlog32 and Winpack. The only differances are that he uses Windows ME and AGW and I use XP and a TNC.

Brian's set up works correctly but I only get the occasional spot appearing the the cluster window. The Talk option works fine.

I did notice that on Winpack I no longer get the DX spots appearing in the minimise box when WinPack is minised and I wondered if this was the method of passing the data to Winlog.

The puzzling thing is that it sometimes does work but I've only about 5 recent spots in the database added this week. For the record I've ticked the show HF spots and all the HF bands.

Len GM0ONX
VK6CJL
New user

DX CLUSTER PROBLEM

Post by VK6CJL »

Hi Len

Its a bit of a funny one and I'm entirely conviced its a problem with the set up of the log book.

Brian GM0FQQ and I both set the feature up on the same night using the same version of Winlog32 and Winpack. The only differances are that he uses Windows ME and AGW and I use XP and a TNC.

Brian's set up works correctly but I only get the occasional spot appearing the the cluster window. The Talk option works fine.

I had this problem with winpack and Winlog32 a few years ago . The only way I
got around it was by using AGW with Winpack and Winlg32 that solved all problems with the spots coming in.

If you are on Broadband ?? The WLNET is excellent And you also get realtime spots .

73 de Les VK6CJL ( ex G7UYM , M0CJL )

73 de Les VK6CJL
Perth W.A.
g0fyd
New user

DX CLUSTER PROBLEM

Post by g0fyd »

I had the same problem using Winpac and i cud never cure it.
since ive gone to broadband and WLNEt it works great.
sorry I cant be more help

Ian

Ian McCabe
g0fyd
New user

DX CLUSTER PROBLEM

Post by g0fyd »

I had the same problem using Winpac and i cud never cure it.
since ive gone to broadband and WLNEt it works great.
sorry I cant be more help

Ian

Ian McCabe