Country not posting

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
WA5KGW
New user

Country not posting

Post by WA5KGW »

Hello all - this problem is similar to DL4KG's posting of 8-15-2004, but possibly bigger. I am currently using V 2.6.

I cannot get DXCC countries to post to either the log ("User" field) or the DXCC data base without manually running Log Check Robot. The following options have been set:
(1) Settings - Search - Report DXCC ... for each QSO" - checked
(2) Settings - Auto Add - Auto Add to User Field - Auto Add Country - checked
(3) DXCC - Auto Check - Checked
(4) Prefix - Auto Check - Checked
These postings do occur only if I run Log Check Robot with check marks for "DXCC" and "Add DXCC to User."

What can I do differently to have new QSOs post to the DXCC data base automatically and have the country added to the log's User field automatically?
Thanks.

John - WA5KGW

John
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Country not posting

Post by DL4KG »

Hi John,

I reproduced your settings with my version 2.7 and all worked fine. I suggest to upgrade to 2.7 and try it again. Another attempt can be to delete or better rename the ini-file and restart WL32 afterwards. WL32 will create a new ini-file and you can start from scratch. Perhaps it helps. If not you can replace the new ini-file with the old one.
Otherwise try to go step by step: first uncheck the the options 1, 2 and 4 and check if it works for the DXCC database update itself. If yes, recheck the next option and so on.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
WA5KGW
New user

Country not posting

Post by WA5KGW »

Hi, again, Gerald. Thanks for the suggestions. I will try each of them starting with the sequential option testing, and ultimately downloading the new version, 2.7 (which I need to do anyway-hi). If I am still encountering difficulties, I will ask (actually, beg) for more help. I really do like Colin's program, and am still just a novice user, so lots to learn.

73 - John

John
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Country not posting

Post by DL4KG »

Hi John,

I hope that my suggestions will solve your problems. I would be glad if I can help with the other difficulties. I am a regular visitor of the forum and I would like to help, if I can. I am using WL for many years now and I think I am familiar with many features (not all) of this famous program.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Country not posting

Post by G0CUZ »

hi John
Just one extra possibility to add to Geralds comments....
Are you using the ENTER key, although you can navigate with the TAB key and mouse it will not fire any of the Log functions.
You only need the menu/databases/DXCC/Auto-ON and menu/databases/Prefix/Auto-ON options for the DXCC update function to work.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author