Log Page & Search Page Windows Blank

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
M3PHP
New user

Post by M3PHP »

Hi All,
Not sure if this problem is just my pc but, i have just installed winlog32 onto my pc which i dont use for logging in the shack. i have loading my .log file into winlog32 fine.

But the Log Page and Search Page Windows are completely blank there is nothing showing in them.

not sure if the following info is of any help the system is running

Windows XP Pro (ClearType Fonts)
Office 2003 Pro
-------------------
Peter, M3PHP

73 Peter, M3PHP
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Peter,

are you sure that WL32 has loaded your log file? You can check it by looking at the right bottom. There is the number of records in the log file. It should indicate the same number as on your logging PC.
What happens if you enter a new record manually? Does it appear in the log page?
I transfered my log file from one computer to the other one using the backup file and the INI file, too. So I was sure to get the same WL32 setup on the second PC. Try to copy the INI file from your logging PC if you have not done it before.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
M3PHP
New user

Post by M3PHP »

Hi Gerald,

Just uninstalled Winlog32 on my none logging pc and reinstalled it and moved the log and the ini into the right places and it seems to have sorted the problem

73 Peter, M3PHP
WA5KGW
New user

Post by WA5KGW »

Hi, Peter (and anyone else that experiences this same problem):

Peter, I am sure you have already solved this by now, but I wanted to post this message for any others that have this problem in the future. I just downloaded and initialized Winlog32 today, and also had the blank log and search windows after inputting my first QSO. I was able to resolve this problem by selecting the Options menu, and then Settings and Page View. All of the check boxes on the left side in the Log Page View were blank. I selected the items I wanted displayed in my log window and then clicked OK. That immediately solved the problem.

73!!

John
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks guys, looks like this bug was introduced in v2.6, and this is the first I have heard about & noticed it.

This probelm would occur on any NEW installation, but not when updating existing installations

I will shortly release a new fixed build 4 which hopefully will not be so confusing to new users or those making completely new installations!

Build 4 will not correct the problem if it already exits and you should follow the instructions as John WA5KGW pointed out RE: enabling the Page View columns in Menu/Options/Settings/Page View

Build 4 also includes a couple of other changes (see news page)

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author