Database error

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
Adey
New user

Database error

Post by Adey »

Hi I have 4 logs, one for my G call, one for my ZC4 call, VP8 call, and one for my ops from EA5 (Where I live now) this morning when I ran Winlog I get the following error

Run-time error 3343

Unrecognized database format C:\Program Files\Winlog32\logs\EA5.LOG

the other logs are fine, although I do back-up, last one was about 8 days ago, I can interrogate the log file and probably recover the information I am missing but just wondering if anyone has seen this before, has the log file become corrupt !!

Adrian EA5/G0KOM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Database error

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Adrian

It sounds as though the log database has corrupted, this can usually be rescued without any data loss although that can not be guaranteed.

The most likely reason for the above corruption is a system crash, good reason to keep back ups of logs at ALL times.

Use the REPAIR procedure.

Menu/Maintenance/REPAIR

This is fairly straightforward and 8/10 will correct the problem

If this is not the problem then a similar error can occur with the database havving been opened with a later version of Access - for this reason I DO NOT recommend opening the logs or other databases with any other software incuding MS Access as they will likely be doomed!

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
Adey
New user

Database error

Post by Adey »

Hi Colin not quite so straightforward, I have already tried to run the Maintenance but cannot even open the log to do so, If I try to open the log I get the following

Then when i try to run the Maintenance I get this

I then click ok, and get this run time error

First time Ive had a problem in two years, just my luck
I didnt have a crash at all, just shut down as normal

Adrian EA5/G0KOM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Database error

Post by G0CUZ »

I never heard of a this particular problem before Adrian.

Send the offending log database to me and I will try and take a look - perhaps I can help, but can not guarantee any result.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
Adey
New user

Database error

Post by Adey »

Just a quick public note to thank colin for taking the time to look at my problem, he was able to run a repair on the corrupt log file and fix it for me, although I tried to manually repair the database, I wasnt able to load the log file to be able to repair it, anyway, thanks again Colin for your help and for a great piece of software, Im in the process of inputing 2 years logs from my ZC4 days, oh sheer joy !!, Adrian EA5/G0KOM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Database error

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks Adrian

I just invented a Paper Log scanner that will automatically input paper logs into Winlog32 - you just need to turn the pages over.....then I woke up!!

P.S. (guys this is a joke, hi hi, but wish....)

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g4dxg
New user

Database error

Post by g4dxg »

4 weeks too late, Colin!!

Would be nice, though, with 23 years of paper logs to import....

Paul
OE3KLU
New user

Database error

Post by OE3KLU »

Fine Colin !

Where i can send you my logs for arround 50.000 QSOs ;-)

HIHI

73s de Charly OE3KLU

OE3KLU Charly
APRS Coordinator Austria
www.digisysop.at / * 73 *
G8VHB
New user

Database error

Post by G8VHB »

Hi, Colin....

I must have missed the logbook scanner functionality....
Just back to 1981, so not many more years to go now.

Interestingly, after I uploaded the previous years to eqsl, it seems that I get a better return of older ecards than more recent contacts.

73 Mike G8VHB