mount athos

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
M1SOM
New user

mount athos

Post by M1SOM »

Hi all

I am trying to log station sy3y and its coming up as Greece
not Mt Athos ...... I`m using version 2.4 build 12
any help would be apreciated
73s pete m1som

73s de Pete M1SOM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

mount athos

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Pete
You can allocate any Country to any Callsign, which may be needed in some cases where more than one DXCC entity share the same prefix e.g GB, VP8, FO etc.

This is how you do it....
Bring up the QSO/Callsign in the LOG.
Ensure that the (incorrect) Country data is being shown for that Callsign.
Double-click on the 'Country' name in the Country Data (to right of callsign)
Accept the "Change the Country Allocation.." prompt.
From the Country Allocation Window, select the appropriate Country from the drop-down List.
Press the ADD button, CLOSE the window.
Normally that is all you need to do, however it is possible to alter other data for this allocation, most of it is fairly obvious.

Double-clicking the same QSO in the LOG Page (to bring up the Country data) will now confirm that this Callsign is showing the correct Country.

Any subsequent entry of this callsign will show the new allocated country for this callsign providing that the date of the QSO is after the one changed.
However the effective date can be edited if required from the Allocation window.
By double-clicking again on the Country name as before - the prompt will also be to 'Update Existing' or 'Add New', select 'Update' and edit data as required.

Prefixes can be similarily changed but I do NOT recommend this, it would be better to report any errors/corrections to me so that I can change in the master Prefix database which is updated regularily.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

mount athos

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

this is a super information. Up to now I edited the DXCC database manually. I didn´t know that this feature is implemented in WL32. I am using WL32 and the previous Winlog version for many years but there are still some secrets to find out.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
M1SOM
New user

mount athos

Post by M1SOM »

many thanks Colin 100%
73s pete m1som

73s de Pete M1SOM