Country Recognition in DXCC Database

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
g1zuc
New user

Post by g1zuc »

Hi All,

I am a relatively new user (2-3 weeks) and worked the ARRL contest a couple of weeks ago. When looking at my DXCC database (which is growing steadilly) I noticed that only stations with the prefix "W" were showing as US stations logged. I have several K N and A stations but these do not show in the DXCC database when you click on the DXCC entity on the left of the screen.

The stations seem to be properly logged in the main log, and the country window in the log screen and show correctly as "U.S.A". I have not checked all of the other countries with multiple pre-fixes so I do not know whether this impacts countries other than US. I uploaded the prefix updates in case this was the problem, however this appeared to make no difference.

I suspect I am doing something wrong, but I have tried all the things I can think of in connection with the help file.

If anybody can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Thanks
Robin G1ZUC

G1ZUC
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Robin,

the DXCC databse shows only stations which were worked first in different modes and on differnt bands. Perhaps you worked the W prefixes only for "firsts". All contacts made after the first one are not shown in the DXCC database. I think the W prefix is the most used one in the U.S.A and therefore it may happen that you got all firsts with a W prefix.
To check it you may log for a dummy QSO with a mode you never use and a A,N or K call. If it works all is ok. You can delete the entry afterwards as it is not a real contact you should keep in the log.

I hope it helps to clarify the problem.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
g1zuc
New user

Post by g1zuc »

Gerald,

Thanks for coming back to me. A few words from one who understands clears things up quickly.

Thanks again

Robin
G1ZUC

G1ZUC