Kenwood rig control

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Kenwood rig control

Post by DL4KG »

Hi all,

it is important to switch on the rig before starting WL32 with the rig control enabled. If the rig is not running WL32 will start with empty frequency box and will crash if a call is entered with a run time error 13.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Kenwood rig control

Post by DL4KG »

Hello Colin,

can you please add the TS-2000 to the rig control menue in the next version? I am still looking to a TS-850 headline. It´s just a bit of cosmetics, but I would like to see my actual rig on the monitor, not the old one, hi hi!

Another thing I would like to know. Is there any way to run WL32 and another software, e. g. MMTTY at the same time? Both programs are asking for frequency information but the one which has been started first blocks the second program.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Kenwood rig control

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Gerald

The TS2000 has been added to the rig list for Kenwood, but I guess you have one of the older Rig database files, if you do not mind loosing any settings and any stored software Memories, you can delete this and re-install latest version of Winlog32 which should replace it with latest one.

If you do want to preserve your existing software memories e.g. those stored by Winlog32 (and the file is not replaced during normal updating for this reason)
- send me your "rig.mdb" file for modification.

Regarding 2X software, I think it will not be possible as Winlog32 can not 'share' a com port with other software - I guess this will be the same for the other software too.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Kenwood rig control

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

thanks for the hint. You were right, I had an old rig database installed. After deleting and reinstalling the new version all is fine now. Also I did not know about the different memory banks which are very helpful. It´s time to read the help menue from the beginning, hi hi!

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Kenwood rig control

Post by G0CUZ »

By the way Gerald do you still have the crash problem if starting Winlog32 with the rig switched off and Winlog's Kenwood RCW on auto-start? - this still happens when you enter a Callsign?

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Kenwood rig control

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

I am sorry for the delay, but I didn´t see your question. If I start WL32 without the rig and the rig control window pops up on auto-start the frequency and the mode fields are empty. After typing a callsign and pressing the return button, the program crashes.
I have not hit the "initialise" button before.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg

Edited by - dl4kg on 31/07/2004 9:08:02 PM
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Kenwood rig control

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Gerald

I have not been able to reproduce the problem.

Maybe some special circumstance, e.g. a certain option enabled, but I have checked through the code and can not see anything wrong however I have added some further error 'stomping' in this area,
Unless you can give me a few more clues, please wait for next version - and if this problem persists, we can work on it.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Kenwood rig control

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

meanwhile I can deal with the problem. If I change the band manually on the rig one time, the fields are filled, e. g. the TS-2000 is on 14 Mhz when switched on, I change to 18 Mhz, after that the problem is solved. Seems that WL32 needs a signal from the rig first.
After that all works fine. So I will wait for the next version.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG