DXAtlas - More!

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0JJO
New user

DXAtlas - More!

Post by G0JJO »

Hi

I have only just installed the DXAtlas part of the programme, and am wondering what I am missing! As I enter a QSO into the log section, I get the World Icon come up in the task bar. I then enter the rest of the QSO details, but when I click on the World Icon, nothing happens.

I have tried the same with the DXATLAS clicked 'ON' in the menu bar, and I can also see a section asking for DX Location details. Unfortunatly I have not got a clue what to put in that part, as if I try to enter any information, it crashes the programme totally.

Can anyone help on the settings, and am I missing something, any help would be appreciated.

Mick
G0JJO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

DXAtlas - More!

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Mick

Winlog32 has a 'maps' feature available to registered users, as a registered user you will have received the registration document detailing how to get the maps feature enabled.

DXAtlas is not associated with Winlog32, this is stand-alone software from another author and you must obtain that software before the interactive function in Winlog32 will work.
The DXAtlas function is still at an experimental stage and as such is not documented yet, however it just requires installing to make it work with Winlog32.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0JJO
New user

DXAtlas - More!

Post by G0JJO »

Hi Colin

Many thanks for your reply, I now understand and have taken a look at the DXAtlas web site to learn more about it. However, I now understand the 'Maps' function, and I did find what the problem was and why it would not run in the first place!

After downloading the 'Maps' zip, I ran the set up and noticed that it was defaulting to the winlog folder and then to a 'MAP' folder. After a little messing about I found that it must be set to MAPS folder and NOT MAP.

Yes, I was working outside the default set ups due to the way the computer hard drives are partitioned, another lesson learned HI.

Cheers for now

Mick

Mick
G0JJO