regional settings and DXCC database

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi all,

I am using WL32 version 2.1 under Win98 system. I set the regional setting to Germany, all is working fine. Searching in the databases I found that the if I want to look for 1.8 or 3.5 Mhz standing I will get the 18 Mhz issues for 160 m and nothing for 3.5 Mhz. I found that if I change the decimal point from komma to dot, all works ok. Is there any solution? I would like to keep the German settings. I think the regional settings do not affect the values in the search mask.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

After thinking over I found the solution. You just have to change the entry in the custom list and all works fine.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks Gerald

Yes you guessed correct, the Frequency band is stored in the log database as a pure number and you must adjust the Band List accordingly 1,8 (1.8) and 3,5 (3.5) when using regions that use the comma as a decimal seperator, same goes for entering full frequency band e.g. Mhz,khz (MHz.Khz).

When importing/exporting - its also a good idea to set back your number format in Windows Regional settings to a decimal point, otherwise you may get some corruption of the frequency input/output.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author