Winlog32 v2 Build10 issues with McAfee

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
Tim
New user

Post by Tim »

Everytime I launch Winlog32, I get the "windows installer" screen. It attempts to install McAfee virus scan (which I already have on my system). I can cancel the installer screen (it happens 3 times total during winlog startup) and continue loading winlog with no problem. If I do not cancel the screen, I get a fail screen and my mcafee virus scanner is unloaded from the system tray.

I suspect that there is a dll file(s) that is being shared somehow during loadup. I have tried un-installing both Mcafee and winlog, and re-installing both without resolve.

Anyone else experience this or have any ideas or suggestions?

Tim

<edit addition>
I should note, that winlog launches fine without mcafee installed. Surely there is a way to make both programs co-exist though.

Edited by - Tim on 31/07/2003 04:06:31 AM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Tim

I have one other user reporting a similar problem when running Winlog32 with Mcafee installed.

There are no shared files with Mcafee.

I am running Mcafee v7 on my systems without any such compatibility problem.

I will investigate further.
In the first instance you need to contact me directly and I will send you a 'TEST' executable file, which will find the areas during startup where the problem is created when launching Winlog32, as of yet I have no ideas at all.

Please email me winlog@blueyonder.co.uk

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
m3tdc
New user

Post by m3tdc »

Hi All.

I have same problem. But i unistalled McAfee and re-installed v 7.03 Home Edition and now seems to be OK.

Cheers
Tony

Best 73's Tony M3TDC