maps

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
Mike
New user

maps

Post by Mike »

I can't get the map function to work correctly- any help? I unzipped the files to a folder called map within the Winlog32 file- They won't show when I enter a DX station or do a search any advice- thanks and 73

mike
pe1mzs
New user

maps

Post by pe1mzs »

hi mike,

with me the folder is called MAPS so with extra S maybe this helps!!

regards
jasper
de pe1mzs

jasper
G1ZBJ
New user

maps

Post by G1ZBJ »

Hi,
As with Mike I have the same problem, all of the maps are in the MAPS directory as they should be, I can open the maps in an external browser but they will not open from the main Logbook program.
Any help would be great.
Many thanks Andy.

73 Andy
G0CUZ
Site Admin

maps

Post by G0CUZ »

Here are the only possible solutions for problems with Maps feature.

You MUST have a Prefix database after March 2000 "Menu/Database/Prefix/Updated."

The maps MUST be installed in the Winlog32\MAPS folder.

You MUST have Winlog32 v1.2 or later.

Menu/Help/About window MUST indicate that you are a registered user.

In addition to above make sure that you do not have multiple installations of Winlog32 and are running your working copy from a different installation to where you have installed the Maps. You can find this out by right clicking your Winlog32 startup icon, select the properties window and examine the path-Target which runs Winlog32.

If the above things are met then it should work, there is no other reason for not doing so.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g4gfy
New user

maps

Post by g4gfy »

Colin
I also lost the map facility after upgrading to V2.0 but only realised it after reading the posts here!!!I checked all the points mentioned and they appeared ok.I have been upgrading Winlog32 with each new version and appeared to have collected several old (3 dated October last year)versions of the "ini" file with shortcuts.So I moved them one at a time until the Map facility re-appeared.Still not sure what exactly put things right.I do notice that as Winlog opens up there does is a second screen that flashes under the Winlog Logo as it loads.In the past I have had to close down the exit screen twice but only one version of WL32exe found on my computer.Hope the above may give a clue to the others with the same problem.
Pat G4gfy
G1ZBJ
New user

maps

Post by G1ZBJ »

Thanks Colin for the info,
There was another winlog file installed, deleated that and re-loaded the maps and all is well also now WL2.1
Thanks Again

73 Andy G1ZBJ