Auto check

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
S54M
New user

Auto check

Post by S54M »

Hi !

I have installed newest WinLog32 2.00 build 9, and have big trouble with "Auto check" settings. Those settings are on start always ON (checked), I would like them to be always OFF (unchecked) ! Please help !

In Menu :

OPTIONS :
Allow kHz
Rover mode

DATABASE :
VHF locator : Include HF
IOTA
ISLANDS : IOSA, IIA, USI
USCH
WAZ
WAS
WAB
QSL
Manager : Integral AUtocheck, AutoADD
Callbook : External : Autocheck

I have tried to manualy edit Winlog.ini file, but this does not help.

Please help.

Maki S54M, N1MZ

P.S I have Windows XP SP1 and Slovenian regional settings

Edited by - s54m on 10/07/2003 07:39:16 AM
pe1mzs
New user

Auto check

Post by pe1mzs »

Hi makki,

did see the same problem with build 9 here!! did go back to build 7 and all was o.k. again but before that see if speedlog and thoose settings under Options window are set o.k. this will make live easyer hi hi after that set or check the auto check's you prefer , did work here so should work your side also

Jasper

jasper
S54M
New user

Auto check

Post by S54M »

quote:
Hi makki,

did see the same problem with build 9 here!! did go back to build 7 and all was o.k. again but before that see if speedlog and thoose settings under Options window are set o.k. this will make live easyer hi hi after that set or check the auto check's you prefer , did work here so should work your side also

Jasper

jasper

Please send me the build 7 to Maki@WriteMe.com. I have only build 5 nand 9.

Thanks, 73 de Maki

Maki
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Auto check

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Maki et. al.

I have been working on this problem in the latest version, only non-English Windows Settings will have the problem.
So those who use English US or UK should not worry.

I have now included a new build 10 in the download-update package.

This has new procedures to hopefully get around this Language problem being encoutered by some users resulting in the lost settings.

I am hoping that the new build 10 will work on all regionals and languages and some feedback on this is appreciated.

It may be that when first running the new build 10 you will loose some option settings, but afterwards should everything should be OK and options saved as expected.

I have tested on Dutch, Italian, Croatian and Brazilian-Portugese so far, it would be a big task to check all Languages as it does require restarting the computer system after each change and test, if anyone else volenteers to do this then great! otherwise I will await feedback from users with differing Regional Settings and Systems.

Any comments please....but do include your System Regional Settings, Operating System and Winlog32 v2 build number used (menu-help-about)

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
S54M
New user

Auto check

Post by S54M »

Hi Colin,

just checked the build 10, and it works (almost) OK.

Everything is saved in settings, except ISLANDS - IIA and USI - Auto checked.

But not a big deal.

Thanks for help.

73 de Maki
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Auto check

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Maki

Thanks for letting us know.

I have also found the problem with the IIA and USI, as you say it is not worth releasing a new build just for this, but it will be fixed for the next release/build.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author