Can't Update QSLs

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
VK3BZ (ex VK3EUL)
New user

Can't Update QSLs

Post by VK3BZ (ex VK3EUL) »

Hi All

I have updated to Version 2 and now, when I printed out my last lot of labels, all went ok til I pressed the update button. It says that the qsls weren't printed so will not update. Ideas please?

Jeff VK3EUL
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Can't Update QSLs

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Jeff

There were no changes in this area in v2, so should operate the same as before.

If there was an error in printing or printer not on etc, you should be getting dialog boxes with prompts to this effect and if accepting the Yes or OK prompt the Log database should go ahead and update.

I just tried it on my installation and it seems OK.

Mention you exact procedure and I'll try and simulate same here.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
VK3BZ (ex VK3EUL)
New user

Can't Update QSLs

Hi Colin

Everything is as normal when I print the labels, when I click update QSLs then I get the normal pop up telling me that I am about to update the log database etc. I push yes then immediately another pop up says If you update the log database now without printing the labels etc. I click yes and a small window says labels have not been printed, I click OK and that is that, the callsigns are still there and no update.
The OS is Windows 98 SE and the printer is an Epson 480, I have no other problems with the printer and it works perfectly.

Hope this explains enough

Cheers
Jeff VK3EUL
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Can't Update QSLs

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello again Jeff

I have looked at the code but can not see what or where the problem is.

It certainly is updating OK on my system, switching off the printer to cause the error (no labels printed), and still it updates OK as expected.

You could try un-checking all the 'checkable' options in the Print QSL options window (those in "ADVANCED", "QSL Via", and "Select label").

If anyone else reading has this error then maybe we can narrow down the area where the problem is occuring.

I did not make any changes v1.9 - v2.00 to the code that works the QSL label printing procedures.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
VK3BZ (ex VK3EUL)
New user

Can't Update QSLs

Hi Colin

Tried everything, played round in advanced checking and unchecking to no avail still would not update so tried linear approach.
Have two hard drives on the computer so loaded Winlog32 on D drive and transferred logs across to the new install, worked fine updated every time.

Still doesn't say what happened to the one on C drive but at least now I can play around with it and it is not critical. If I find the fault will let you know, thanks for your help

Regards
Jeff VK3EUL
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Can't Update QSLs

Post by G0CUZ »

Hmmm.... Strange one that Jeff!

Still can't think what it could be, but if it's working now then lets hope it stays that way hi hi, if anyone else reports the problem, perhaps we can find some 'common' ground, until then.....

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
pe1mzs
New user

Can't Update QSLs

Post by pe1mzs »

Hi All

Did try the same as Jeff and see the same problem however qsl's are updated in the log only the message that it did not update apears thats all!
using build 9 now !

Jasper

jasper
G4ZNK
New user

Can't Update QSLs

Post by G4ZNK »

quote:
Hello again Jeff

I have looked at the code but can not see what or where the problem is.

It certainly is updating OK on my system, switching off the printer to cause the error (no labels printed), and still it updates OK as expected.

You could try un-checking all the 'checkable' options in the Print QSL options window (those in "ADVANCED", "QSL Via", and "Select label").

If anyone else reading has this error then maybe we can narrow down the area where the problem is occuring.

I did not make any changes v1.9 - v2.00 to the code that works the QSL label printing procedures.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
gi6atz
New user

Can't Update QSLs

Post by gi6atz »

Hi Colin,
Same problem here with updating the QSL labels. I,m currently downloading build 9 ( build 7 at moment)I,ll let you know what happens

Gordon
GI6ATZ
gi6atz
New user

Can't Update QSLs

Post by gi6atz »

Hi Colin,
Still the same problem with build 9. Couple of things I noticed:-
1 First two labels in the list had gone but the entry in the logbook had B instead of D
2 SWL cards printed but they were not shown in the list in the QSL window

Hope this helps

Gordon
GI6ATZ