Ver. 2.0 - graph function

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

I found a little problem with the graph function. When checking the band use the frequency scale is hardly readable. It is not a big problem perhaps the size of the characters should be increased a bit.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

I wonder what screen res. you are using Gerald?

Having another look in 800 x 600 it looks reasonable on a 15" monitor, also checked on a 14" monitor and not much difference.

I could increase the size of the graph display - this would not be a problem, but guess there are still a lot of guys using 14" monitors and or 640 x 480 res.

I am willing to improve the Graphs feature further - I get very little feedback about the Graphs so it has remained much the same for the last few years.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

thanks for the reply. I am using a 17" monitor and resolution is 1024*748. It was no problem with the previous version 1.9. So I think it´s only a matter of the letter size in the graph function.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Gerald and all

I have revitalised the Graph window, now it will auto-size to the window and screen.

It does look much better and you can size the graph to whatever suits you.

I checked with 1024 x 748 and looks fine.

I am looking at ways that we can print out the charts too.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

In addition to above I can tell you that I have made further changes to the Graphs option, added toolbar button 'Copy' (to clipboard) and 'Print'

I have not tried the Print option yet as all my printers are kaput, but hope to test later, the clipboard works fine and should also be useful.

I have changed the background colour of the graphs to white to make the printed result be less ink intensive, and a slight increase in font size.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

that sounds very fine. How can I get the updated version? Is it already in the download area or will it be in a future ver. 2.1?

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Yes
The new build 7 executable has the improvements to the graphs which is included in current download, Build 7 was mainly to fix a problem in the 'Settings' but as work on the graphs was done at the same time it's included.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author