Qsl label printing problem

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
ei6il
New user

Post by ei6il »

Hi,
Firstly I would just like to say thanks for a wonderful logging program.
I have a small problem when I try to print qsl labels.
I use an Avery style label (L7160 IE 63.5 x 38.1 x21), when I queue up and print 21 labels only 18 print correctly and the last three print line by line on the top of successive sheets of paper.
I have tried a number of label formats but still the same.
The print preview looks fine.
Not sure where to go from here.

Tks and king regards,
Don Ei6iL

Don Brennan
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Don

Most prolems like you mention come from printer overspill, that is the printer trying to print outside it's printable area. The printable area is decided by the Printer and it's properties.

Using some paper (don't waste your labels) try reducing label sizes by 1mm or so, try reducing top and left margins by small amounts. Try Changing e.g. reducing or enlarging by small amounts the sheet size (which is set to A4 as default (Options/Sheet size)).

It should be possible to arrive at a satisfactory layout, if all else fails pop a label sheet in the post to me (QTHR) and I will try and produce a satisfactory setting, although as I said much depends on the actual printer you are using.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author