database/log check robot probs

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
New user

Post by 180399 »

hi all
ive just got my newer pc and after formatting the hdd ive re loaded winlog everythings ok apart from i have only the prefix, qsl and callbook checkboxes availiable in the log check robot also in the database tab i cant check waz,wab,dxcc stc as all the check boxes are shaded also i cant print a log as it is shaded can anyone shed some light on this ive trid removing and re installing but to no avail. i still dont have a change log/database button either.
any help will be appreciated
with thanks simon
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Simon

Check that you have the latest version, e.g. v1.9 (menu/help/about window).

I presume you ahve kept a back-up copy of your log database?
Open Menu/File/New Log
Click 'Make New Database' button
Enter name of your log database WITHOUT the extension '.log'
You will be prompted that the log database already exists (if it does) - do you wish to make a database extension click YES.
Click YES to the next prompt too.
Now the Database (new) extension set is ready.
Close the window and now you should have the Databases available - they will be blank and you will need to re-build them with the log Check Robot.

You will need a Printer installed on YOUR system before you can use any print option (even if you use a network printer)

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author