Scrolling

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
m3jgb
New user

Scrolling

Post by m3jgb »

Hi Colin

It occurred to me that it would be useful if you could scroll through the log using the Mouse Wheel,rather than having to move everything to the left and then use the buttons.
It would also be useful to be able to select and export individual or block entries to a seperate Log/Print file.

John M3 JGB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Scrolling

Post by G0CUZ »

hi John

Thanks for your comments.

Unfortunately it is not possible to programme the behaviour of the mouse wheel in Winlog32, if it were I would certainly do this.

The way to export selected parts of the log is to use one of the search functions and export the result of the Search as ADIF, it would then be possible to import the same ADIF back into a different log.
There are many possibilies with Searches from Simple Callsign or Date range searches using the mini-windows to more complex searches using the "Search Window"
There is similar flexibility with Printing as the result of Searches can also be printed.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0JJO
New user

Scrolling

Post by G0JJO »

Hi

Well, I am using a scroll mouse of the infra red variety, and I am able to scroll through the logs etc by using the mouse scroll wheel.

The only thing I have to do is to move the mouse pointer over to the scroll bar, click within the scroll bar and away it goes, I can scroll up and down the pages without any problems! Just thought I would add my bit on this one, as I can do the same on the main machine and the laptop.

Another suggestion may be to cut down on the log entry fields so that the scroll bar is in view on screen!

Cheers for now and 73's

Mick
G0JJO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Scrolling

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for the comments Mick and John.

Additionally I would say that you can also use the keyboard Page Up/Down keys or Up/Down arrow keys to rapidly move through the log, you will have to set the cursor on the log Page to do this though

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author