WL32 DXCluster

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
VK6CJL
New user

WL32 DXCluster

Post by VK6CJL »

Hi All,
Having just updated from v1.9 to v2.0 I have found that the WLnet
works very well . I have found that some nodes will time out after 1/2 hr and some will timeout after 1 hr but the DXCluster with K1TTT so far I've been connected for just over 2.5 hrs with no time outs great stuff Colin ..
There is only one thing I've found slightly annoying and that is when you click on the cluster box { the one for example K1TTT ) there is no scroll down feature
but it can still be done by clicking on the curoser at the top of the box and use page up or the up key but as soon as a spot comes in it goes back to the
beginning again ...
Other than that I'm more than happy with the program many thanks Colin for another great feature..
73's de Les VK6CJL Perth W.A.

Les Edmondson
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WL32 DXCluster

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Les
Thanks for the feedback on the telnet feature, I have had mixed results with some connections, unfortunately I have not found an effective way to auto-reconnect, there are several different cluster software being used at the moment by sysops and I will investigate possible ways in the coming months.

I agree about your comments about K1TTT ! so far it does seem very reliable.

Regarding the scrolling, I did not bother to develop the actual telnet window more, the scroll bar would take up valuable screen space, it is neat to see individual spots occupying one line, and this gets difficult at 800x600 with sys fonts.
From my point of view it it only serves a purpose to sent informtion to Winlog32's Cluster feature, but if other users want more then sure!

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
VK6CJL
New user

WL32 DXCluster

Post by VK6CJL »

Hi Colin,
I'm not to concerned about the scrollback feature.
To give it a good tryout I stayed connected for 24hrs I was still recieving
spots but could not send any commands . I could disconnect and reconnect
but still couldn't send any commands and on disconnecting there was no
msg (like cul or 73's ) on reconnection The same thing no startup msg
but all spots were coming in ok.
On closing down the cluster and Wl32 and restarting everything again
all was back to normal.. The Telnet feature does seem to lockup a bit ...
but then who stays connected for 24 hrs all the time!!!!!!!????
I'm more than happy with the program as long as the spots keep coming in
I've got no problem.
73's de Les VK6CJL in Suuny Perth

Edited by - vk6cjl on 02/06/2003 02:06:26 AM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WL32 DXCluster

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Les

I too noticed some perculiarities from time to time.
Sometimes it's necessary to do a hard disconnect, this resets the socket and then reconnect again, this is much the same as shutting down the DXCluster window and restarting but without the fuss - the 'Close Socket' button (button 4 on the toolbar) is there for this purpose.

I don't think the hard disconnect makes any difference to the telnet cluster as a remote disconnection occurs as soon as the socket link is broken by any method.

As the 'send spot' window is seperate from the telnet window, I may try a different approach and send spots directly via the telnet window rather than via the 'Send Spots' window.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
pe1mzs
New user

WL32 DXCluster

Post by pe1mzs »

Hi All,

also tested the WLnet function was up for 5 days without any problem!!!
would be nice if we could set our callsign now takes just in my case PE1MZS
but want to do for example PE1MZS-2, if you already conected with telnet 2nd screen to see other bands nothing wil happen in the WLNET screen

WLNET deliverd me quite a lot of grids on 50Mhz my favorite band!!!
So it is a nice hunting tool

great job Colin.

Jasper
de PE1MZS

jasper
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WL32 DXCluster

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks to all for the comments, it all helps to keep me motivated!

It would be quite easy to arrange so that you can connect with a different callsign, I will add this option. It will be included in v2.1, I have already moved the auto-start WLNET to the main menu under Menu/Databases/DXCluster - Auto Start, I think this will be more convenient than in the cluster options screen - recently when looking - I couldn't find this option myself hi hi.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author