Ideas?

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
M0BPQ
New user

Ideas?

Post by M0BPQ »

I have just transferred to Winlog from VQlog. The user interface in winlog is far superior for day to day operating in so many ways. The things I miss are:

1) Sorting of data by Band AND date with output into text files - I can't write SQL to save my life (See other posts!). The VQlog front end works well.

2) Lack of mapping of worked squares on VHF and up. Perhaps an OLE to DX Atlas could help here? I could transfer files back to VQLOG but would rather use just one bit of logging software.

3) I can't find a "wipe" key to empty all fields if a contact does not take place. Alt-w works in contest loggers. Have I missed the equivalent? How about an option where tuning the radio wipes the fields?

4) A simple reset of the CAT control - You have to close and reopen the window if the link goes down at the moment?

5) The locator is not inserted into the remarks field when the station has been worked before.

6) Is there a way to have a database of known locators which is queried when the call is entered and then inserted into the remarks field and qtf calculated? e.g. use DL8EBW's dataset.

7) True calculation of QTF from locator in speed log mode?

8) A band map. This is undoubtedly a lot of work, but they are really invaluable in openings. See the contest loggers e.g. N1MM, and http://www.dxatlas.com/BandMaster/

Steve
M0BPQ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Ideas?

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Steve

Thanks for the interesting comments, some of which I can answer.

RE: 2. not sure of the significance of adding the locator to any further QSO entries, this information is available in the 'Search' window if required.

RE: 3. To remove a QSO from the log, use the toolbar "X" button.

RE: 4. I have now added a port reset for the ICOM RCW, I guess it is an Icom, because Kenwood and Yaesu already have the port reset I think.

RE:5 & 7. Difficult to implement in 'Speed log' mode as the display is cleared when the QSO has ended, there are some reasons why this happens. I'll try and think of a way around it, but not sure it can be done without upsetting something else.

RE 8. Thanks for the suggestion, I have already started on this and have something working already, as you say it is a lot of work, but I can see the usefulness of it, if you are interested in helping with testing and development of this extension to the DXcluster display please drop me a mail.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author