Yeasu rig control ??

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
ON7KZ
New user

Yeasu rig control ??

Post by ON7KZ »

Hello Collin

will there be a support for Yaesu transcievers in the future??
It will be nice if I can read-out my FT-847

greatings
Luc ON7KZ
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Yeasu rig control ??

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Luc,

the rig control for Yaesu is already included in Version 2.5. As far as I can see you can configure all Yaesu rigs. If it works similar to the Kenwood control it will provide direct frequency skip into the log and if you use the DX cluster a simple double click will switch your rig to the DX frequency.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
ON7KZ
New user

Yeasu rig control ??

Post by ON7KZ »

Hi Gerald,

I am surprised to read that ,I have the vertion 2.5build12 downloaded 2 days ago and i see only support for ICOM and Kenwood do you have a other vertion ??

73's frm Luc on7kz
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Yeasu rig control ??

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Luc & Gerald

Sorry to say that there is no Yaesu Rig Control offered as yet, I think Gerald has one of the beta's which may have had a test routine left enabled.
I have done some initial work but I have found the Yaesu control documentation so inaccurate, full of ambiguities and errors that it is a daunting task to try and impliment it from the documentation alone, the other problem being that different Yaesu Tranceivers employ often totally different protocols and control codes.
I can only add that CAT from Yaesu is a total mess!

I may wait until I have a suitable Yasesu transceiver to experiment on myself as I see no way forward otherwise.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Yeasu rig control ??

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Luc & Colin,

I am sorry for the confusion but I forgot that Colin sent me a beta version to test the setup for my Kenwood TS-2000. I just looked into the rig control menue and saw that there is a Yaesu option. I thought that should work but I cannot test it as I don´t have a Yaesu rig here.
Colin, perhaps you can ask some other software author who has solved this problem, e.g. HB9DRV who programmed the Ham Radio Deluxe control software.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg

Edited by - dl4kg on 27/04/2004 6:45:34 PM
73 de Gerald - DL4KG