After uploading to clublog Claimed dxcc = invalid

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
PD2JAM
New user

Post by PD2JAM »

Hi all,
I've contacted Michael G7VJR on this, and he told me to put the question over here.
It's all abouth a qso made & confirmed with ZD9UW.
After uploading to clublog and using the log inspector, Clublog agrees with dxcc, but Claimed dxcc stays "invalid"[:(].
According to G7VJR it has something to do with WinLog32 which sets DXCC=0 in exported adif files. he also tells me that "Colin is aware of this problem and has a fix".
But so far I only could find this with the ZD9UW contact[?].
Any help on this would be appriciated.
Thanks in advance, 73, Joop / PD2JAM
PD2JAM
New user

Post by PD2JAM »

Found it!!!!!!

Pfieeeew... just by double clicking on the call in the input field I could reset the country code..... uploaded it to clublog and TADAAA[:)]
I'm a happy camper now!!!!
Sorry for the bandwith... anyway... learned a lot today, so it was worth living for!

73, Joop/PD2JAM
mm0amw
Keen user

Post by mm0amw »

This also happened to me when I imported a contest log from another logger into WL32 and uploaded it to Clublog. What I had omitted to do was run it through the Log Check Robot.All other qso's which had been auto checked were fine.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Guys

This will happen with imported QSOs which do not contain the country entity code tag 'DXCC', so after importing, the QSOs have to be scanned by the Log Check Robot to add the missing country codes if need be
This must be done if the exporting software does not include these codes in the ADIF output file, Winlog32 does not assign the entity codes during import process if they are missing, as this will just take ages and not everybody is interested.

Next version of Winlog32can optionally exclude the ADIF tag 'DXCC' if the entity code have not been added in the log, this should then enable Club Log to process the codes after uploading, this will cure the problem with Club Log, but ideally the Log should be scanned with the Log Check Robot with all it's options DISABLED to correct any problems before uploading to Club Log, especially if you are interested in DXCC stats., etc.

This LCR check should be performed after any import from other software and it's also a good idea to do it from time-to-time too to find any other problems.

73 Colin
G0CUZ