new version V5.7.5

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
F5SRH
New user

new version V5.7.5

Post by F5SRH »

Hi Colin.

I installed the new version 5.7.5 that day and the only problem now is the message on a /MM station is: window WAS NOT FOUND IN DXCC DATABASE.
Good luck.73 Olivier
Vlasta
New user

new version V5.7.5

Post by Vlasta »

Hi Olivier,
I think it is right because /MM stn is not on any country.
73 Vlasta
F5SRH
New user

new version V5.7.5

Post by F5SRH »

Good evening Vlasta,No, example RA1AMW/MM is not known in WLog negative Continent, CQ zone area negative ITU negative area. just mobile maritime station. normally Russia Europe / MM. Thank you for your message Colin for already made a change on this version. 73's F5SRH
n5att
New user

new version V5.7.5

Post by n5att »

When I downloaded 5.7.5, my Norton Security won't let me open the file because it contains a threat.

This never happened with previous versions.

Any ideas?
n5att
New user

new version V5.7.5

Post by n5att »

More information on what Norton doesn't like with 5.7.5:

WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

new version V5.7.5

Post by G0CUZ »

I guess this will happen on all future downloads! - a load of bunk if you ask me, I recommend ditching Norton and get MS Security Esentials, it's not bloated, the best and it's free if you have a genuine Windows installation.

73 Colin G0CUZ
n5att
New user

new version V5.7.5

Post by n5att »

Hi Colin,

You are right that this will probably be a problem in the future for anyone with Norton. I get Norton "free" with my Comcast internet. I have only heard good things about Security Essentials - may have to consider a change.

I found a way to remove the download file from quaranteen so was able to get it installed.

Thanks,
Lawson