Exporting "Not Worked" list

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G7EQM
New user

Post by G7EQM »

Hi all,

I am a purely mobile operator, who relies on a voice recorder for my log, so that I can add entries to Winlog32 afterwards.

Because I am a DX-chaser (189 and counting) I would find it really handy to be able to either copy/paste or export to ADIF or CSV my "Wanted" or "Not Worked" list so that I can print it off to have with me in the car, to help me focus on the prefixes I am still in need of.

Unfortunately I can't for the life of me work out how to do this, as each time I click the "Wanted" button within the DXCC database applet and then try to export the records, Winlong32 returns a "No Records" error message.

Can anyone help, or is what I am trying to do impossible with the current version I am running?

Kind Regards & Thanks in anticipation

Nick G7EQM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Nick

It is not possible to export the 'wanted' countries as ADIF, as ADIF is mainly for QSO data and there will be none.

I would recommend that you print the wanted list directly, this will save some time and trouble too.

Query your wanted list in the DXCC database window, click on 'print' toolbar icon, 'NO' to first option, and 'Yes' to second option- that should do it?
F5JSD
New user

Post by F5JSD »

Hi Nick,

A work around could be the following

1.. upload your log to Clublog (either realtime using WL32 feature or by uploading an ADIF)

2 Log to Clublog and go to YourLog>Timelines>Needed DXCC
From there you can either print the web page or copy paste into a spreadhseet.

I hope this helps.
n5att
New user

Post by n5att »

If Winlog32 allowed you to select from all the printers installed on your computer, instead of automatically using the default printer, then I would be able to save that "need" list as a PDF file by using PrimoPDF free software I have installed as a virtual printer.

Colin, could that selection from all installed printers be added to the new release?

Lawson
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

I think the original post was for exporting the wanted list as ADIF or CSV, ADIF is not possible for reasons stated although CSV export could be easily be added (but why?).

A PDF is not much good for anything except a PDF reader, although Adobe reader can can export rich text, as far as I know it can not export ADIF or CSV files.

If I can get to the reasoning of what is required then I will act, but so far I don't see it myself.
G7EQM
New user

Post by G7EQM »

quote:Originally posted by G0CUZ

I think the original post was for exporting the wanted list as ADIF or CSV, ADIF is not possible for reasons stated although CSV export could be easily be added (but why?).

A PDF is not much good for anything except a PDF reader, although Adobe reader can can export rich text, as far as I know it can not export ADIF or CSV files.

If I can get to the reasoning of what is required then I will act, but so far I don't see it myself.

Hi Colin / All

Thanks a lot for all the responses.....I fear I had misled you all a bit!

I am not looking to export the data per se.....what I want to do is to be able to print off my "wanted" list so that I can keep it in the car for reference.....

The thing is that I typically sit in my living room to update WinLog from the MP3 recorder I use to record my log whilst the "station manager" is watching the soaps and am not connected to a printer under those circumstances, so the logic was to export to a format that I could save and then print later.

If I can print off from WinLog, then apart from having to remember to connect to my printer when I am updating my log, the problem is solved.....ohh that I could occasionally think outside the box!!

Many Thanks

Nick
G7EQM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Nick

OK, the solution is simple - you will be able to print your Wanted list from Winlog32 like alerady mentioned.
I have not tested this for many years but presume that is still working?

73 Colin G0CUZ
n5att
New user

Post by n5att »

My request related to being able to email my "need list" to fellow hams, so they can give me a call if they hear something I need.

I can print the "need list" with Winlog32, and do so for my own use, but I would like to be able to use any available printer, not just the default printer.

If it's not an easy option to make the change, it's not a big deal.