Winlog32 What next

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Winlog32 What next

Post by G0CUZ »

Although just making minor modifications and improvements to Winlog32 keeps me pretty well occupied, I am now turning my attention to future features to add to Winlog32.
Thankfully users comments here on the Forum and from email I frequently get give me plenty of feedback on what guys would like to see included into the software, some features will require a lot of work, some are more simple to do - other things should have some priority, I try to balance all these things out when planning the free time I have to give to Winlog32.

Here are the major things I have prioritised for the near future:

Solar Database Charts - this needed to be finished since 5 years past - will be included in v2.1 and is almost finished.
Cabrillo export - working on this area NOW.
"LoTW" support - Hopefully later this year.
Rig Control - Starting this towards end of year.

If any users would like to comment on Cabrillo or LoTW, please feel free to email me or use the forum as you like - I need some input here.
If you do not know what these items are then you probably won't need them anyway, if you are not sure then there is plenty of information available on the net.
Please leave rig control comments till a later time, when I am ready to start this otherwise I'll probably forget what you have said!.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
M1SOM
New user

Winlog32 What next

Post by M1SOM »

Hi Colin

Congratulations on a nice logbook ..... I just downloaded 3 days ago
and now I am imputing my data from my paperbook ....there are a couple
of things I would like to see in future versions ....
when not using the current date .... it would be nice to have the
forward slash / automaticly when you put in a date like 11 07 03
so you dont need to write it each time ..... also a quick button to
press to see how many countries are worked ... and maybe on the top
bar a total of actual entries in the logbook ...... please forgive me
if any of these items are already in the current version .. as I have
not committed to my memory all of the features yet hi hi

My registration and contribution will be on its way in the next week

73s de Pete M1SOM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Winlog32 What next

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for your comments Pete.

I think I had abandonded the auto-slash in the date before because of the great number of date formats that can be used when inputting dates into Winlog32, I have to consider the great number of users who may input dates like dd-mm-yyyy or dd.mm.yyyy when using differnt international settings, this always poses me a great number of problems to keep the date compatible. Donàt forget there is an auto-insert previous date (options-settings - date) entered when writing up logs.
The number of entries in the log book are displayed in the lower left task bar.

A quick check on number of DXCC worked is a possibility will look into that.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
M0PCB Iain
New user

Winlog32 What next

Post by M0PCB Iain »

Hi Colin,

I know this is rig control related, but if I don't mention it now I will forget asw ell!! :-)

Great logging program, in my opinion second to none. Not being a programmer I ahve no idea how difficult this would be to acheive, but for the purposes of logging and rig control for psk31 would it be possible to exchange data with a program called Ham Radio Deluxe, written by HB9DRV (http://www.kns.ch/sysgem/hb9drv/index.htm). A new rig control program with a matching psk31 program.

I am not sure what facilities you were planning to include in winlog but it is just an idea, might save you writing loads of stuff!

Keep up the good work on Winlog32 Colin...

Oooo, one other thing... Whn entereing qso's manually it is a pain to keep typing in the date, and the options setting reverts to default on start-up, would it be possible to either keep the menu setting active or have a small button or something to activate that setting???

Cheers,

73, Iain M0PCB

73, Iain M0PCB/M1ETJ