Distance Calculator for VHF contacts

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
vk5la
New user

Post by vk5la »

Hi,
Would it be possible, when entering a station's 6 digit grid locator during a contact to incorporate a field that shows the distance worked for that station?
Is that possible? The user details section of the software has the WW Grid Locator info in it so I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to implement.
It would be really nice to tell the other station the distance worked during the QSO.

Thanks

Andy - VK5LA
VK6CJL
New user

Post by VK6CJL »

Hi Andy,
Go to Options then settings then open Auto Add at the bottom of the row you will see Auto Add distance (km)VHF only check the box and it will add this to the remarks.

73 de Les VK6CJL
Perth W.A.
vk5la
New user

Post by vk5la »

Hi,
Thanks for the reply but I'm strggling to see how I can get winlog32
to do what I want it to do with the information you have given me...
where do I type the grid locator so the program can work out the distance?

I want to type in the grid locator given to me by the station I am working and have winlog32 display the distance in KM between THAT station and MY location
and log it as well.

I can't see a change in winlog32 - It doesn't operate any differently with the instructions you have given me.

could you please elaborate?

Cheers!
Andy - VK5LA
vk5la
New user

Post by vk5la »

OK Les,
I've kind of found what I want...had to enter my grid locator in the FILE>STATION LOCATION> Grid Locator...to make it go...
If I type the grid locator in the remarks field and log the contact,
then, reopen the contact, it tels me the grid locator and the distance to in km and miles at the bottom of the country display...and km's in the user field...but...
I want it to display this information instantly, before I log the contact.
But I can live with how it works in the mean time!

Thanks for the support Les
vk5la
New user

Post by vk5la »

Also,
I had to turn off OPTIONS>Speedlog>speedlog to allow wl32 to display the distance after I had entered it in the remarks field and pushed the enter key.
Having speed log turned on immediately logs the contact without displaying the distance.

winlog32 now does exactly what I want...and colin didn't have to write any extra code!

Cheers all for your input and suggestions.

Andy - vk5la