Edit by SQL syntax

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
Kit
New user

Edit by SQL syntax

Post by Kit »

Hi Collin,

Is it possible to add a window which can update or edit QSL records by SQL command for users who known SQL syntax?
I think it is more convenience for advanced searching and editing.

-------------
Kit

Edited by - Kit on 29/01/2007 5:38:20 PM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Edit by SQL syntax

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Kit

You can add standard SQL queries for the Log directly to the Search window(Menu/Search) and use the EXECUTE button.

I am not sure if you have investigated the Menu/Search/Search-Custom

This is an advanced feature where you can make and save your own SQL queries, not all databases are suppooted but these can be added when required - certainly the log database is included as is the Prefix and Beacon database, I am not sure if this function will allow other than 'Select' statements but if you open the Plug-ins you will see what is possible.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
Kit
New user

Edit by SQL syntax

Post by Kit »

Hi Collin,

I tried to use the following SQL at Menu/Search/Search, but it not work(show SQL error at search result page). Is it the access right problem to the Log Page?

UPDATE tbl_name SET col_name1=expr1 WHERE where_condition

Thanks!!

Kit

Edited by - Kit on 31/01/2007 12:02:36 AM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Edit by SQL syntax

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Kit

Not sure what the intention is, but don't like the idea of changing or adding fields to the log database using SQL, this would affect the compatibility of the log database, it would be a better idea to make a copy of the Log database and use MS Access if you are trying to return criteria generated from data in the Log.

I would NOT recommend using anything other than a 'SELECT' clause on the 'working' log database

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author