Rig Control

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
GU6EFB
Keen user

Rig Control

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Colin

I have here different transceivers some yaesu and Icom rigs all will work with cat control and work very well with winlog32.

Would it be possible to allow each of these rigs to have a rig control window setup for each rig i.e baud rate, comport etc and then some button’s on the main winlog32 bar to allow the user to select which rig they wish to use.

This would stop me from having to reconfigure the rig control each time I swoop rigs from HF to VHF etc

Regards

Keith GU6EFB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Rig Control

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Keith

It should be possible to have open the 3 existing RCWs, one for each Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu and all should work independantly, the one last used e.g. freq change from RCW<>Rig should take precedence and the commands from the software, this was the best way I could think of doing it without as you say some sort of manual changeover.

The existing Winlog32 toolbar is a little stuck for space to add more buttons, I'm looking for guidence here as nowadays we are using bigger screens and resolutions in the shack, I wanted Winlog32 to work on 640x480 without too much of a handicap, but if no one uses small screens in the shack any more then perhaps there will be a little more space, I use 800x600 on the test machine and 1024x768 on the main Winlog32 machine.

I have optimised Winlog32 for 800x600, which is a compromise, but i don't want alienate those who may be still using small screens.

Anyway this is drifting off the subject, it may be possible to have further RCW windows, each would require it's own proper com port, I have not had much success with Virtual Com Ports (VCP)and most computers have no more that 2(4) serial ports and I think the modern trend is not to have any at all where USB is taking over.

If anyone is using VCPs with Winlog32 RCWs then I would be interested in hearing how you got it working.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author