ClubLog upload error message

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
g8hgn1442
Keen user

ClubLog upload error message

Post by g8hgn1442 »

Hi Colin,

Using latest V7.3.17

Just done some additions to my log and sent the new part off to QRZ & ClubLog.

QRZ was OK but got an error message "-2146697268 (800c0008)" download failed when trying ClubLog.

Is that likely to be at the ClubLog end? I went to the ClubLog web page and uploaded OK from there.

No panic as I can get the job done from the site.

Bob G8HGN
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: ClubLog upload error message

Post by G0CUZ »

OK Bob, I'll look into this when I am in the shack tomorrow.

73 Colin, G0CUZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Bob

This function appears to be working OK here.

Are you using the bespoke ADIF export for Club Log with the direct 'upload' button.
Are you using the 'Clear Log' Option or 'Merge Log' option before committing the upload - I always use the 'clear log' option.

73 Colin, G0CUZ
g8hgn1442
Keen user

Post by g8hgn1442 »

Hi Colin,
Thanks for checking this.

Yes using the direct "Upload" button and the "merge" option. I've always used them and had no failures before.

It may be just a failure between me and ClubLog at the time. I uploaded OK using the ClubLog website facility.

I'm not on that PC ATM, so I can't check if it's still erroring.

I'll try tomorrow.

Bob G8HGN
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

OK Bob
Let me know what happens, I just tried the merge option myself - which I don't normally use, but that worked OK for me too, so hopefully it was just an interrupted upload stream or something like that.
73 Colin, G0CUZ
g8hgn1442
Keen user

Post by g8hgn1442 »

Hi Colin,

I just tried a single dummy call entry, same error. tried to attach a screen grab but it doesn't seem to have loaded??

Then tried uploading a section of the current log and that did the same.

I'm using "File-Export-LOG-Adif-Clublog" and then choosing the contacts to load and then "Yes" to Export and "No" for Merge. That's the way I've always done it without any problems before.

So looks like something I've done here somewhere.

Did a "sfc /scannow" in Command Prompt and reported some corrupt files which it fixed most of, but some not. Tried another upload and was successful.

Seems my clearing old prog's out had messed up something.

Sorry I troubled you.

Bob G8HGN
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for the feedback Bob

Glad to hear all is OK now.

I Also saw there was still some maintenance going on at Club Log over the week-end, hopefully all will be back to normal soon.

Incidentally, I see there is now a new log-in procedure on the Club Log Web Site, this may require resetting of passwords!
If the Club Log log-in password is changed then of course it MUST be changed in Winlog32 Menu/Options/Settings - tab - Real-Time.

73 Colin, G0CUZ
g8hgn1442
Keen user

Post by g8hgn1442 »

Hi Colin,

Sorry for delay in replying.

Yes all OK now, probably me messing with old files.

I just logged on to ClubLog as normal. However it seems you can use your registered email or your callsign to login. My password didn't need changing.

Bob G8HGN
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Not connected, but FYI about the forthcoming Club Log security update.

As of April 1st (!) ClubLog is removing all access to the old HTTP API addresses previously used, only HTTPS will have access after this date.

The latest Winlog32 version (build 18) has the address changes (which are hard coded into Winlog32), so if you want to use the ClubLog look-ups or direct file upload from within Winlog32, you will need build 18 onwards to use these APIs.

This may have some impact if you are still using Windows XP?

73 Colin
G0CUZ