KOSOVO

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

KOSOVO

Post by G0CUZ »

As some of you may already be aware, ARRL have now included Kosovo in the DXCC list.

The change is effective 21 January 2018, and I have rushed out an update to accommodate this change.

DXCC Database "Republic of Kosovo', Z6, entity (provisional) 522.
The Prefix database has also been updated.

For these changes you will need v7.3.release 16

The update will occur when you OPEN THE DXCC DATABASE, if you have multiple logs/dxcc database you will have to do this for each Log.

N.B. QSOs with Kosovo pre 21 January 2018 will still be INVALID for DXCC and are treated as such in Winlog32

73 Colin
G0CUZ
KI4WCQ
Keen user

Re: KOSOVO

Post by KI4WCQ »

Colin.

I installed release 16 and opened the DXCC database for each log. Kosovo and the area code appears in the data base.

For the Z60A QSOs this week I changed the country code to 522 but the "Republic of Kosovo" will not display to the right of the QSO data even after I choose it from the pick list.

I reentered one of the QSOs, and as I do that it shows "Republic of Kosovo" and 522 to the right. However once I complete the entry, hit "end" and then display the QSO, the area to the right of the QSO data does not display the country name or code. Also, I noted that when the QSO is uploaded to Clublog, the zone is missing.

Johnny KI4WCQ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Johnny

Download and try with the latest Prefix database, fixes the problem?

73 Colin, G0CUZ
KI4WCQ
Keen user

Post by KI4WCQ »

i went to file/latest updates and download prefix updates. Now all my country identifications are blank.

If I fix any, they now act like the problem i was having with Z60A...nothing is displayed.

73 Johnny KI4WCQ
KI4WCQ
Keen user

Post by KI4WCQ »

Followup. After watching the prefix update when reopening the program I still couldn't see country and zone displayed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and again went thru the database and prefix updates. Everything seems to work as it should and the country and zone is now displaying for each entry.

I have no idea why it wouldn't before reinstalling.

Johnny
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for the feedback

Not sure about the problem, perhaps an interrupted Prefix database download, the Prefix update is a large file these days, around 25.000 records and over 3MB data file which is three time the size it used to be a few years ago.

I have had only one other report of something similar, so will hold fire on making any changes as the Prefix update routines are much simplified for the end user over what they used to be (a manual download).

73 Colin
G0CUZ