WSJT-X and Winlog32

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
wilt64
New user

WSJT-X and Winlog32

Post by wilt64 »

Hi everyone, a question have got winlog32 running on WSJT-X and is working 100% on FT8 but can not get any success with WSPR (WSPR contacts won't appear in Winlog32) is this normal or am I missing something?

Advice would be grateful

73's
Mike ZL3MF
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: WSJT-X and Winlog32

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Mike

Do you mean that the mode s not being added to Winlog32 or the actual QSO?

In any case I will look into it, I don't use WSPR myself so appreciate the feedback

73 Colin
G0CUZ
wilt64
New user

Post by wilt64 »

G0CUZ wrote:Hi Mike

Do you mean that the mode s not being added to Winlog32 or the actual QSO?

In any case I will look into it, I don't use WSPR myself so appreciate the feedback

73 Colin
G0CUZ
Hi Colin the actual QSO is not added, working fine on FT8

Cheers Colin
Mike
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Mike
Looked at this today, I have WSJT-X 1.8 and in mode WSPR there is no 'LOG' button, this button appears in all other modes but not in WSPR, are you seeing the same?
If there no LOG button in WSJT-X, then you can not log the QSO (unless I am mistaken and missing something)
This is something for the WSJT-X guys to sort as there will be nothing I can do about it in Winlog32, sorry.
73 Colin
G0CUZ
mm0amw
Keen user

Post by mm0amw »

There's no LOG button in WSPR as I believe it's intended as a beacon mode and not for qso's.

David
MM0AMW
wilt64
New user

Post by wilt64 »

G0CUZ wrote:Hi Mike
Looked at this today, I have WSJT-X 1.8 and in mode WSPR there is no 'LOG' button, this button appears in all other modes but not in WSPR, are you seeing the same?
If there no LOG button in WSJT-X, then you can not log the QSO (unless I am mistaken and missing something)
This is something for the WSJT-X guys to sort as there will be nothing I can do about it in Winlog32, sorry.
73 Colin
G0CUZ
Thanks for that Colin, yes I am seeing the same even though WSPR is more beacon focused would still like to log contacts heard. I will touch base with the WSJT-X guys :)
Thank you for your support
Cheers
Mike
ZL3MF