New forum member

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
nev
New user

New forum member

Post by nev »

Hi
Does anyone know if Winlog32 will connect to an Alinco DX SR9 transceiver.
I am currently filling in a paper log book and the log on QRZ.com but have downloaded this and it looks really good !
Many thanks
Nev
M6NVH
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: New forum member

Post by G0CUZ »

I don't think there is a CAT interface in the normal manner on these rigs, so perhaps it is not possible?

If you can find anything in the manual that suggests otherwise let me know and I can advise, I have not been able to find anything I the SR9 manual.

73 Colin, G0CUZ
nev
New user

Post by nev »

Thanks for the reply Colin very good of you.
The only cat5 connection on the rig is between the face and the back if you split it for mobile working.
On the back is a "clone socket" which can be used with an ERW-4C or ERW-7 lead for CDR working so that may be a possibility. Or I can just input the data manually, do some people do this ?
Very best wishes
Nev
M6NVH
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

I did see YouTube method of collecting data, however I think this will be a difficult task to explore without having one of those rigs to experiment with, so don't think this will be feasible for me.

Your remarks about manual input, guess you mean about logging QSO, I think many still do this,most of my rigs don't have CAT and I still manually input QSO myself when using one of those, with some of the speed options set, it can be fairly painless, or if you use data modes then you can also link to some software for logging purposes too.
Also if you use the DXCluster for DX'ing, it's quite easy to get most QSO data transferred to the Log from off there.

73 Colin, G0CUZ
KG5yez
New user

Post by KG5yez »

Under the Alinco Site you have a clone capability (cat), your dx-sr9, it has a program port on the rear{clone} (on the DX-SR8 it is the ext sp on the front) there is an alinco cable ERW7 that will give you access to rig control. Some programs have good rig control with the radio, others well lets say they have some things.

Extensive research on this topic has led me to FLDIGI on the digital side with a SIgnal Link adapter to enable some controls. There is an XML file for the alinco that contains the Rig Control command sets that enable FLDIGI to have as others said 'SOME control' and my understanding is that increment those command interfaces will expand the control.

I have been using winlog32 for a while and i like the app. I am just starting to test rig control with FLDIGI and when that is complete i will venture into where the rig control files exist and editing them for winlog32.

sometimes the questions get lost in the opinions so be clear on what you are asking. You do have some rig control capability, because the Alinco is not main stream, sometimes answers are incomplete. One thing, Alinco has not released all the CAT commands so you may need many of the existing XML files to build a file for your rig. Since the majority of the CAT commands are the same on the DX-SR8 and the DX-SR9 you may want to look at the programming and rig control on both to gain education.