Cluster sounds

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

Cluster sounds

Post by IT9PQJ »

Hi all,
I have a problem on a windows 10 PC with IC-7300 audio codecs installed where Winlog32 cannot play sounds for new DXCC, etc. I'm almost sure it's due to those audio codecs and the PC / Software cannot detect the right soundcard to play them. Any suggestions how to solve it?
Many thanks.
Nico
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Cluster sounds

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Nico

Winlog32 does nothing special with 'sounds' - it uses the windows API, so if you can get sounds from Windows 'system', it should be OK, check that the necessary sound options are enabled in DXCluster window options as there are a few of them.
Otherwise you must investigate how windows uses your soundcard(s) and the settings for it, I know from my own experience -it's not simple when using more than one sound card.
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

Post by IT9PQJ »

Hi Colin,
great to read you again.
Thanks for your kind answer. Yes, it's not simple at all and I thought that someone could help me out with that.
Maybe I can try to uninstall Winlog32 and reinstall it. That's the only thing that comes to my mind, although I'm afraid I won't solve.
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

Post by IT9PQJ »

I thought I had solved by launching Winlog32 before switching the radio on (so that USB audio codecs are not loaded yet).
Unfortunately as soon as I switch the 7300 on, Winlog32 started using USB audio instead of the default audio device.
I saw some other more complicated procedures on the Internet about REGEDIT and so on but I'm not sure if they may be useful. I should try, but I'm afraid I can damage something or corrupt some data.
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

Post by IT9PQJ »

Tried and played with Windows 10's app called "ear trumpet" and now it seems to work as I wish...
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Nico

Glad you found a solution to the audio problem.

Actually, I never use the sounds for the DXCluster - when many spots coming it is so distracting.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

Post by IT9PQJ »

Hi Colin,
I use them only for all time new ones or wanted callsigns.
VY 73 ;-)