Audible warning for 'new/band/country' ?

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
GM0LVI
New user

Audible warning for 'new/band/country' ?

Post by GM0LVI »

I sometimes miss the pop-up window confirming that I've worked a new band/mode contact/new country.
An audible warning would be really useful.
Is there an option buried somewhere so I can turn on a bleep? If not could you Colin think about this for a future version?

Cheers,
Dave - GM0LVI
ZL3LF
Site Admin

Re: Audible warning for 'new/band/country' ?

Post by ZL3LF »

I've thought for a while as you get closer to working 'em all the sound should louder/better...

For the first 100 entities just a 'ding'. 100-200 Ding-dong. 200-300 A trumpet sound.. 300-340 a full orchestral symphony. :D

Hmm, back to work.

73, Chris
ZL3LF
GM0LVI
New user

Post by GM0LVI »

I'm just 20 ATNO short of the full pack so guess an orchestra is called for! :lol:
For the past couple of years I've been trying to improve my band/mode scores but keep missing the pop-up when I've worked a 'new one'.

73, Dave
ZL3LF
Site Admin

Post by ZL3LF »

Well done...

I'm on 219 worked, and chasing some elusive QSL's to get the cfm count over 200 at the moment so I can upgrade my DXCC with a widdle sticker. :lol:

The thing I'm chasing at the moment is the last two states on 20 and 40m to make it four bands WAS.. 80m WAS from down this way is a bit of a dream, but once I've got the others I'm sticking up a pair of phased verticals for 80m and I'll give it a damn good shot... Maybe, ish.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Now I've stopped laughing.....

I will give it some thought, I'm sure it'll annoy as many as it pleases though, but what the heck

73 Colin
G0CUZ
M1SLH
New user

Post by M1SLH »

I have 98 confirmed on 6 metres - Land of Hope and Glory might be appropriate!

ken
M1SLH
ZL3LF
Site Admin

Post by ZL3LF »

M1SLH wrote:I have 98 confirmed on 6 metres - Land of Hope and Glory might be appropriate!
Well done...

One of the locals, ZL3NW just hit DXCC on 6m from down here... Not sure how many years he's been working on that, but I've only worked three.. ZL, VK and JA.. From down here they are the easy ones. :lol:
M1SLH
New user

Post by M1SLH »

Rod, ZL2NW, does have 10 elements on 6m and works EME too. His antenna was featured in the UKSMG magazine years ago: http://www.uksmg.org/content/10-element.htm

I have a 5 element yagi, 100watts and no EME, but a lot more potential countries to work! Well done on VK, ZL and JA - haven't got any of them.

Cheers
Ken
M1SLH
ZL3LF
Site Admin

Post by ZL3LF »

M1SLH wrote:Rod, ZL2NW, does have 10 elements on 6m and works EME too. His antenna was featured in the UKSMG magazine years ago: http://www.uksmg.org/content/10-element.htm
Ay, That's the man (3NW, not 2). He only lives about 30k from here.. I've not met him but spoken on air a few times.
M1SLH wrote:I have a 5 element yagi, 100watts and no EME, but a lot more potential countries to work! Well done on VK, ZL and JA - haven't got any of them.
I've got 100W into 2el on 6m, and haven't really tried, more of a dumb luck and working stuff in my back yard. Once I run out of relatively easy new ones on HF I might have to go up to the next band! :-)

Good luck. :-)