Delete DXCC Entry made in error

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
VE3QN
New user

Post by VE3QN »

I once had a routine to do this but it doesn't seem to work in ver. 5.7.1.
I have erroneously shown an entry for Kampuchea in my log and my DXCC database has added it as a new entity. The log entry has been deleted but how do I get the entry out of the DXCC database and get the statistics back to where they should be?
Thanks in advance.
Bryan VE3QN
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Bryan

Follow this procedure.

Open DXCC database

Find the QSO you want to delete.

Click on it to select it.

Now move the mouse cursor to the first grey 'pointer' column for that row.

Click on it - it will highlight the complete row.

Hit keyboard Delete key

That's it.
VE3QN
New user

Post by VE3QN »

Thanks Colin.

But ... I don't seem to be able to get it to work.

The erroneus entry was for Kampuchea which lists in my DXCC database as "Kampuchea" but under the country heading of "Cambodia". When I follow your directions, all works until I get the entire line highlighted. Then, when I press the keyboard delete key, "Cambodia" disappears from the country listing in the left-hand pane but the entry in the right-hand pane remains.

Exiting the DXCC database and opening it again brings everything back with nothing deleted.

What am I missing?

Bryan VE3QN
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Bryan.

I can assure you it will work pat special attention regarding first mouse click on the QSO row to be deleted.
(not on the grey selector or left hand country list)

So there is a procedure to click on this same row twice, first is to gain focus and second is to select the row, if the Country name is being deleted from the Country list then this is sure sign that you have not clicked on the QSO row first.
VE3QN
New user

Post by VE3QN »

Hi Colin,

You see, when I pay careful attention to your directions, everything works as it should.

Indeed, with your clarification about the two clicks, the instructions I have had all along were correct.

Thanks for your patience!

Bryan VE3QN