winlog32 freezing on loading

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
g6fop
New user

Post by g6fop »

Hi Colin
I am using Winlog32 ver 2.806 on an AMD 1700xp,256Mb ram, Windows ME, using the mixw DDE interface. Since the latest update it has started to freeze when I try and load it. This has only started to happen with this version. I have tried reinstalling it but it has had no effect. I also run AVG Free and sygate firewall. Any thoughts?
tnx for a great program

Kevin
G6FOP
73 es GDX

Edited by - g6fop on 11/02/2005 10:24:59 PM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Kevin

I have no idea what the problem is, but I have had no other reports of this happening on this or previous versions, so suspect an external problem.

I am a bit anti-AVG so won't get into any argument anbout it but I never heard of anyone without problems using it, but anyway thats another thing...

Try re-naming the 'winlog.ini' settings (winlog32 folder) file to 'winlog.old' and re-start Winlog32, this will have all the defaults reset, if it now loads it is one of the user settings that is causing a problem, which you may be able to throw some light on, or send me the 'Winlog.old' file for investigation.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g6fop
New user

Post by g6fop »

Hi Colin
Tnx fer reply. It is now working correctly. I have not changed the ini file. Not sure what is going on, I suspect it was something to do with the Mixw DDE interface. The reason I say this was the program progress bar would go to the point that it trys to access Mixw then freeze. It only happens if I close Winlog without closing the DDE interface. I only mentioned it as it has only started happening with the latest release, which is great btw.

Kevin
G6FOP
73 es GDX