Getting Started

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
jspring
New user

Getting Started

Post by jspring »

Can someone please tell me how to enter the second contact? It appears to write over the first one. I am using V2.7 on Windows XP. Also can I keep track of people's names, cities, countries, date sent QSL and date received? I also have an Excel spreadsheet with all this info in it that I've been keeping since I can't figure this thing out. (I only have a degree in physics.) Is there a way to import the data in the spreadsheet without having to type it all in? Thanks!!

Jerry, VE6CNU
Back in ham radio after 25 years.

J. Spring
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Getting Started

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Jerry,

the most important thing is that you must hit the enter key after every entry you put into Winlog. That means if you enter the callsign hit enter, enter the date, hit enter and so on. Otherwise the entries are not recognized correctly. WL32 will automatically keep track on the entered countries. The name and cities should be entered into the remarks field. For the QSL field you can enter a B (via bureau) or D (for direct). If you print the QSL with WL32 the print date will set automatically. But you can also type the date by hand into the QSL field. If you receive a QSL, type the callsign into the "search callsign" field and the contact will be displayed in the search page window, double-click the QSO and it will appear with alll details in the log entry part (left part of the screen). Type B or D in the QSL in field and follow the the next screens. If all done WL32 will keep track on all datas, e.g. DXCC confirmed, WAZ, WAS etc.
I don´t think that you can import a excel-file into WL32. As far as I know only file in ADIF-format can be imported.
I hope that helps for the first steps with WL32.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg

Edited by - dl4kg on 10/10/2004 10:59:37 AM
73 de Gerald - DL4KG