duplicate calls

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
caplaros
New user

duplicate calls

Post by caplaros »

did the log gives any alert when a duplicate is found ??
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

duplicate calls

Post by DL4KG »

What do you mean with duplicates?
Winlog is not a contest logging program. Normally you can work and log a station as often as you like and Winlog will accept the log entries.
If you are looking for a program with alerts for previous worked station in a contest, you should look for special contest logging programs like N1MM logger etc.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
caplaros
New user

duplicate calls

Post by caplaros »

with duplicate I mean that the log gives me a note when entering the call that the station was already worked, maybe one month before, may be on a different band/mode, in order to send ,in case, one single qsl, or in order to know that was already confirmed.-
tks anyway for the reply, lan i6kyl
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

duplicate calls

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Ian,

yes, Winlog gives information about previous worked stations. There is a so called search page which gives an extract of the log with the same details which you see on the log page. All QSO with the specific callsign will be listed.

I hope that helps for you.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
caplaros
New user

duplicate calls

Post by caplaros »

thanks Gerald
I saw ,after your suggestion, that page.-Anyway this is not what I had with my previous log (in dos ).-Typing one call on the log from the paper sheeet I received one immediate alert if the call was already entered before, with the date, so you can immediately go and check on which band/mode.-
again thanks Lan,i6kyl
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

duplicate calls

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Lan,

after typing a call you must hit the enter button and the complete list of all previous contact will appear.
Just below the QSO entry window you will find a box "search callsign". This is another way to find previous contacts with this specific callsign. In this box you just have to type the call, no enter button.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
caplaros
New user

duplicate calls

Post by caplaros »

only for the story

i was unable to see the double qso on the search list below the log page until few days ago when i updated the winlog to teh 2.8.10 version from my presvious 2.7.- (No effect pressing the enter key)
73 Gerald del Lan i6kyl