WAS Database

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
k7rb
New user

WAS Database

Post by k7rb »

Hi Colin,

1. I'm running Winlog32 v2.7. When I bring up the WAS database and click on the "All" icon, I get 49 states listed. Alaska (AK) is missing. Am I doing something wrong? What do I need to do to fix it and add Alaska? I have Access 2000 so I can add an entry to a database using it, if that's the easiest thing for me to do.

2. Do you have a plan to upgrade Winlog32 to record LoTW QSL's in the WAS database as you did for DXCC?

Thanks,
Dick
K7RB

Richard Burke
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WAS Database

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Richard

Alaska should be in the WAS database - not sure why it is missing from yours's though.

You can add it to the correct table "STATES" in the USA.MDB file as "AK" "ALASKA" in the respective fields using Acess - BUT you must be very careful with Access 2000 - in that it do not convert the database to the 2000 format which is NOT compatable with Winlog32 and will not work thereafter.

The WAS database already has been updated to include the eConfimrmed field, you should already have this in your WAS database?

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
k7rb
New user

WAS Database

Post by k7rb »

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the quick reply.

USA.MDB actually had an entry for Alaska, but there was no (2 character) abbreviation in the "State" field. I put "AK" there and now the state shows up.

Yes, there is an "eConfirmed" field in that database, but if I try to edit it and put "Yes" in it, I get the error message: "Data too long for field or wrong data type."

Oh - I just tried typing the number "1" into the field and it converts it to "Yes". That works!

But, now if I click on the "Confirmed" button to select only confirmed states, the "eConfirmed" contact does not show up. Is there something I need to do to make that happen?

Thanks,

Dick
K7RB

Richard Burke
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WAS Database

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello again Dick

Sorry to say I have overlooked the necessary button and code that does the "eConfirmed" in the WAS database - I was to add these as the awards became available in LoTW, initially it was only for DXCC.
I will make the changes shortly and release the file.
The auto-update should work from the Log however.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
k7rb
New user

WAS Database

Post by k7rb »

I'll look forward to the update. Thanks for all your work on this program - I do like it very much.

Dick
K7RB

Richard Burke