ADIF Import

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
k7rb
New user

ADIF Import

Post by k7rb »

Is there any way to import data into the "remarks" field? When I export I see that the info in this field is tagged with <WL_REMARKS:n>. If I try to import info with this tag, Winlog ignores it. Info tagged with <COMMENT:n> is imported into the "user" field.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Dick
K7RB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

ADIF Import

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Dick

Certain data from other Log programs ADIF file is imported into the 'Remarks' field - this being a 'smart' checking field for the database updating, so 'remarks' is used mainly (but not obigitory) for entering IOTA/VHF Grid info etc.etc. This sort of data is added here from other logging programs because Winlog32 does not have dedicated fields for these.

<comments> is added to the "User" field.

I suggest that if you wish to add a particular ADIG tagged field to Winlog32's Remarks field - you could edit the ADIF file manually with a search/replace using a text editor, the field <xxxx> (where xxx is the ADIF tag you wish to import) to <REMARKS> and this should then be imported to the 'remarks' field but take into consideration what I mentioned about other data could also be imported into the same field.

You may also need to DELETE the header item "ID_Winlog32" if present (it shouldn't be if importing from another program though).

I hope this helps.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
k7rb
New user

ADIF Import

Post by k7rb »

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your reply. You gave me enough info to figure out what I wanted to do. I was importing log data from my contest logger for the North America QSO party last weekend. The exchange consists of the operator's "name" and State/Province. I wanted the name to go into the "User" field (no problem)and the State/Province to go into the "Remarks" field.

So changing the <name:xx> tag in the contest logger ADIF file to <Comment:xx> took care of getting the name into the right spot. Then changing the <NAQSO_SECT:xx> tag to <State:xx> got the State/Province data into the "Remark" field AND it put "Cty" in front of it so that the WAS database Robot will correctly find new states for me! Very nice!

Dick
K7RB

Richard Burke