Differences between two separate installs

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
Callum
New user

Post by Callum »

Guys (Colin..?),

My own "home" installation of Winlog32 is fine but I have observed differences between my instalation and both the club's install - and a friend's install. In both cases, the following are observed:

1) The method of having the >Band<, >Mode< and >PWR< fields automagically filling themselves out from the information previously stored in the fields on the right had side. I re-installed again. Perhaps it kept the INI file - I wonder if I deleted it all as well..? Please advise someone.(!)

2) We can't get the NET function to work. We click NET ON, input a QSO and when hitting END, the QSO is over. The CYAN coloured large NET output box remains empty. I don't know how to fix.

Best regards,

Callum.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Callum

I am not sure what you mwean in (1.)

The Winlog.ini file is not deleted with an un-install, delete it manually if you want to reset defaults for all user settings. If you want duplicate installtions then copy the ini file tio the second installtion, make sure Winlog32 is shut down before you do any of this.

(2.). Just checked the net option and appears to be working as per normal, but sounds like you are using the TAB key, TAB is now purely navigational, all log routines are now fired by the ENTER key.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
Callum
New user

Post by Callum »

Colin,

1) OK, I'll delete completely, re-install then apply the old logbook again.

2) Chris says that he can't get the NET function to work, full stop. He hits the little cyan NET function button, enters a QSO and adds a callsign to the NET (the first one) and then hits END. In my installation, the END button just adds the QSO and empties the input fields for the next NET caller - it doesn't place the END time in - that happens when I close the NET. In Chris's install, the QSO ends, the END TIME is filled in and it's added to the log. Are we adding NET entries incorrectly?

Callum.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello again Callum

After a bit of experimenting, I have figured that 'Chris' is adding a Callsign and NOT presssing the ENTER key - just going straight to the END button with a mouse-click, this appears to be the only explanation, like I said before you must use the keyboard ENTER key to fire the log functions, this includes the Net function.

Tell him to add a Callsign in 'Callsign', press Enter and then use the END button if he wishes to use it that way.
But Unless one of the Speedlog options is 'ON', using Winlog32 in the way Chris is doing will also omit the Band/Mode/Power and Reports fields? - not ideal!.

If this is not the case please let me have his exact procedure when adding a QSO with the Net function.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
Callum
New user

Post by Callum »

Colin,

I'll pass that to him tonight. I have a sked - then I'll report back. Actually, I might just send him here!

Callum.