Shacklog to Winlog32 any one help

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
gm4emx
New user

Post by gm4emx »

Can anyone advise? I have been using Shacklog since 1996. And maybe now is a time for a change. I have downloaded WINLOG32. And am now trying to convert Shacklog as an ADIF file. Using information from the ADIF site and the manual Spreadsheet to ADIF conversion. I have successfully imported certain data fields from shacklog into Winlog32. But I can’t seem to get the RST in - out, Users, IOTA and remarks field populated in Winlog32.

It would seem I have the correct string and the data is in Excel before converting to the ADIF format (which appears to convert ok using the Winlg32 conversion tool).

Has anyone converted Shacklog before any tips? As soon as I am happy that I can transfer a section of data correctly. I will then transfer all entries and register the product with Colin.

Unfortunately (for whatever reason) shacklog does not support ADIF exporting.

73 Kit
GM4EMX
Kithall@milnet.uk.net

kit hall
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

I am working directly on this with Kit.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
gm4emx
New user

Post by gm4emx »

Dear Readers

Thanks to Colin, I have now written a conversion manual system using Excel and made an ADI file of my 4,350 odd entries from Shacklog. And successfully imported into Winlog and now using it. It’s a bit of a slog and was not done in one hit but over a number of even9ngs and weeks. Only thing I have had to go back and manually do is re-entering the IOSA data.

I must say Winlog is more user friendly and esthetical pleasing on Win95/XP than Shacklog. Shame but a fact I am afraid to say.

Thanks Colin.

Kit GM4EMX (Aberdeen)

kit hall